SASS Wire Forum

$100 bills

Alpo

It's been several years since I saw a hundred. And I know they keep changing the design of the money.

Do they come with blue stripes on them now? And if not, why do you suppose these blue stripes are on these hundreds?

AQT3f6Ql.jpg.eb30d5cfad3be3723b8f15d81d838271.jpg

For that matter, if they do, why?

It’s called a security strip.

Not like the kind they make you do at the airport.

Yeah, it’s believed that as many as half the hundreds stored in warehouses around world could be counterfeit. Once I was in Brooklyn and I had some circa 1960 hundreds in my wallet and tried to use one to pay for lunch. Now, in NYC all such old bills get turned in to the fed reserve for destruction so they are rarely seen in circulation. The waiter and his manager asked if I had anything else to use for payment.

I wish I could have given them a stack of two dollar bills.

Yep, that's  the new "Hundred". @Alpo

I had some old twenties that Best Buy wouldn't accept for payment. The girl and her manager thought they were counterfeit. 

It was funny. The twenties became acceptable when I said "Okay, well, I guess I will go elsewhere to buy this PC":lol:

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Yeah, it’s believed that as many as half the hundreds stored in warehouses around world could be counterfeit. Once I was in Brooklyn and I had some circa 1960 hundreds in my wallet and tried to use one to pay for lunch. Now, in NYC all such old bills get turned in to the fed reserve for destruction so they are rarely seen in circulation. The waiter and his manager asked if I had anything else to use for payment.

I wish I could have given them a stack of two dollar bills.

I was doing some electrical work in Land O Lakes, Fl at a newer strip mall that had a Publix as it's anchor. We would  go there for lunch and get fried chicken, a sub or the lunch special. Every time, the change would be in $2.00 bills if it was possible. After a few days, I asked why the $2.00 bills. The answer was that we were right next door to the local nudist colony and the nudists were using $2.00 bills as a way to showing local businesses how much they spent locally.

I guess the nudists must have gone to Publix a lot, they sure did have plenty of $2.00 bills to hand out.

There used to be companies that did that periodically when the dollar was worth more.  Every worker would get most of their pay envelope in $2 bills. Did the job of showing businesses their economic importance .  Also used to be called Racetrack Money - because there were $2 bets.  I keep one in my wallet as a Lucky Piece because once it came in really handy.

Here, solve all your problems and use these.

No, No, don't bother to thank me.

hundred-dollar-bill-1-1600x767.jpg

Archived