SASS Wire Forum

Don’t have just hate it….

Pulp, SASS#28319

Awe Man, YES!  I did that very thing a while back. I dropped a box of CCI red, white and blue polymer .22 LR. The box hit the corner of an ammo can and it was 4th of July on the floor of the gun room. Somehow some ended up in the gun safe and in my ammo cabinet. I don’t think I have found all of them yet. 

Be careful! Them rascals get uppity when they're shook up like that. Back away slowly and don't make any sudden moves. I'll be over in a bit to collect them up and remove them for you. 

You can thank me later.

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Better than dropping a tray of primers!:wacko:

Right after primers became “Unobtainium” I dropped a 100 count tray in my garage floor. :blink:

It took a while but I found every one of them. :)

I am glad nobody was there to see me searching. I am sure I looked like a Crackhead picking through shag carpet looking for dropped bit of Crack. :lol:

Yep that's bad but at least you can easily see them. I searched for a '73 dust cover indent ball for an hour in the garage one time. At the end of the hour, my gal came out to see what I was cussing about. Told her about the little indent ball. She reached down, picked up something and said "You mean this?" That's when the real cussing began...

14 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yep that's bad but at least you can easily see them. I searched for a '73 dust cover indent ball for an hour in the garage one time. At the end of the hour, my gal came out to see what I was cussing about. Told her about the little indent ball. She reached down, picked up something and said "You mean this?" That's when the real cussing began...

The same thing happened with me. My wife found a little tiny screw that I dropped while assembling my my new XS sights onto my Marlin 336. I must have looked at that same spot 3 or 4 times. 

Use a tight beam flashlight while searching the floor. Helps keep your eyes concentrated.

16 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

I had that happen with a box of BB's.  I was still finding BB's six months later.

I had a hole in a bag of #8's that I put in my truck's tool box almost 20 years ago. 

I'm still finding birdshot in the nooks and crannies of the box today.  I picked a couple out last weekend.

The easy way to find dropped items.

Turn out the light, lay a flashlight on the floor. Slowly rotate the flashlight in a circle. The flashlight beam will hit the missing object, casting a shadow. The shadow is much easier to see in a flashlight beam than a dropped primer or button or screw or whatever it was that you dropped.

3 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

BB's and primers can be picked up with a magnet.

Primers are brass except shotgun. A magnet would be useless.;)

I just bought 2500 rounds of 22LR from B0t@c& tactical. It was the 40gr Aguila Super Extra (Eley Primed) so it's really good, really clean, burning ammo for 22LR and the price was very good at just $4.05 per box after shipping. They stuck 50 individual ammo boxes loose inside a shipping box that was 18"x12"x10" with zero padding and every last one of them was busted open. So I really just received a big box of loose ammo. At least they sealed the outside really well so none was lost.

JEL 

Packing seems to really suck these days. Ordered a sealed battery for the bike a year ago. Gave up after 3. They just slapped a label on it and expected it to get here. Everyone was smashed with acid all leaked out. Bet that did wonders for the conveyors! Each time they wanted pictures to show the damage and I asked them to ship in a padded box, but NOOOOO!

4 hours ago, bgavin said:

Mine wasn't a battery, but a case of Aunt Jemima 1 gallon syrup refills...  one broke inside the case.

A nightmare to clean up is busting the bag inside a Diet Coke BIB (bag in box) that's used for soft drink fountains.  It holds enough syrup to make 5-5.5 GALLONS of Diet Coke.

The floor is so sticky that it will pull at your shoes.

Our can wash was around the corner from the drink system, so we just hooked up a hose to it, ran it around the corner and used hot water, enough soap to mop the whole building 2 or 3 times, a scrub brush and a squeegee to dilute it enough to push it down the floor drain.

the little rascals are really elusive when they escape the box , but , they are really fun when you get a bunch of them to the range , i do love my 22s tho

on a side note - long as we are in the saloon and the tangent is related , rimfire central just revamped the site , i got dropped from my "stay logged in" , when i tried to relog in they said my ages old password was not compliant [too short-not enough diversity] so i had to reactivate an ages old Gmail account to get back in under a new name watabmikesmith i used to be A square 10 as i am everywhere but here , its a bit disconcerting and i hope i dont experience this again , there is an obvious connection here to watab kid - my SASS alias and my reasons for it , but everywhere else there was an equal logic behind the A square 10 that i would like to have preserve , i guess the bottom line here is if a site is going to revamp they need to have a line of communication for old members to communicate their issue reconnecting , but then im no techy - maybe thats beyond their grasp .......wonder if keeping old members is , 

Archived