SASS Wire Forum

I need an opinion

Got a very nice 4' x 7' Navajo pattern rug and would like to know which of the hundreds of carpet tapes will work the best on a resilient vinyl floor.

This IS NOT a genuine collectable rug, but it sure looks good in my living room.

@Forty Rod SASS 3935,

Try these. 

AMAZON carries them. 

Snip-it_1649245680156.jpg.3017284bc1c2ffa50371b4cc266da96e.jpg

Snip-it_1649245706641.jpg.887d85168ca1da4fe6e99413b5832c11.jpg

That was my first thought also, but I could not for the life of me think of what it was called. Makes it difficult to look something up when you don't know the name of it.

Just now, Alpo said:

That was my first thought also, but I could not for the life of me think of what it was called. Makes it difficult to look something up when you don't know the name of it.

I just GOOGLE'd "rug thingy that holds rugs down!"  :P

They work sorta OK if you don't have critters running around or pulling them.

6 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

When the Big Dogs get running around the house, they can move a large oriental rug on top of one of these with the dining room table on that.  Fine for people or small dogs.

One Rottweiler and two cats do an amazing job of rearranging even with heavy furniture and the carpet thingy!

Those rugs thingys work somewhat ok. We have tried using them for years. Like rip snorter said, if you have animals, maybe not so much. We spend a lot of time picking up the carpet and pulling them straight again, after awhile even the vacuum cleaner messes them up. We’ve removed most of them in high traffic areas, they just don’t work well. As for the solution, haven’t found a good one yet. I’ll be watching this post for a better idea

The Missus got some sort of sticky carpet thingys once, they worked once, then the sticky gets useless do to animal hair and dust. If you don't want the carpet to move, get wall to wall. :lol:

Since I broke my back I've become VERY conscious (and cautious) about walking and this great looking rug keeps trying to trip me up and kill me.

I'd Gorilla glue it down if I thought it would work.

And JFWIW, I'm NOT opinionated.  I'm just uncommonly right about nearly everything, nearly all the time. ;)

21 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And JFWIW, I'm NOT opinionated.  I'm just uncommonly right about nearly everything, nearly all the time. ;)

I would never say you're opinionated, Forty.:rolleyes:

I just said you had a wealth of opinions and a generous, giving nature.:P:ph34r:

Archived