SASS Wire Forum

If you need Powder

Rip Snorter

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Check the Hodgdon site.  Looked just now - quite a few things in stock both smokeless & black powder subs.

If you’re wanting BP subs - APP 2F and 3F are in stock and with a few shipping issues should be at your house within a couple of weeks - 3 at the most. Let me know!

Hugs!

Scarlett

5 hours ago, Scarlett said:

If you’re wanting BP subs - APP 2F and 3F are in stock and with a few shipping issues should be at your house within a couple of weeks - 3 at the most. Let me know!

Hugs!

Scarlett

Hey Scarlett,

how does the app work in comparison to real BP when it comes to cleaning the guns? Do they need to be cleaned pretty soon after shooting a match like when you use BP? Or, can you shoot several matches like with smokeless before they have to be cleaned?

Thanks 

16 hours ago, Snakebite Dust SASS 75484 said:

Hey Scarlett,

how does the app work in comparison to real BP when it comes to cleaning the guns? Do they need to be cleaned pretty soon after shooting a match like when you use BP? Or, can you shoot several matches like with smokeless before they have to be cleaned?

Thanks 

APP is not corrosive like true black. Because of that you don't have to be in a rush to clean your guns.  And, APP cleans up with soapy water followed by the lubricant of your choice (I use Breakfree).

Luck,

BS

For me, real BP cleans up just as easy, just can't wait as long. At a match, a little Windex w/vinegar and done. I wait till I get home and remove the pistol nipples for a better job. The new Gum brushes for your teeth do a great job on the holes in the nipples.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:45 PM, Snakebite Dust SASS 75484 said:

Hey Scarlett,

Thanks 

I clean my guns between matches always. I do that when I shoot smokeless too unless I’m crazy busy. I just shot FC at our state match … BP side match on Thursday, main match Fri/Sat.  I cleaned my pistols and SG each day - stainless NMV and SKB 100 - and sprayed receiver really well on my 73 ran some patches through it and did a final full cleaning today. My pistols take 15 minutes each with PAM - peroxide, alcohol and Murphy’s Oil soap. The crud just runs off I don’t really even need a brush. SG is super easy, too. 73 takes me the longest and I will pull the bolt out every 24-30 stages to be proactive that it’s not gonna fail. Learned the hard way. It’s so much fun shooting the FC categories that the cleaning really isn’t much of a factor once you get used to it!

Hugs!

Scarlett

On 4/6/2022 at 4:20 AM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I always ponder. When there's a shortage of anything and something does come available, shooters pass because it's not what they prefer. For me if it goes bang buy it and shoot it.

Doesn't help to buy super slow pistol powders (or rifle powders) when you are trying to load for CAS!

Archived