SASS Wire Forum

Maybe there's hope for music after all

Rye Miles #13621

Nice tune, great chord changes and melodies! This was the Song of the year!!! There's some hope after all.

Not really my thing but it sounds good.

This is from a band I discovered a while back that I  like. Kind of Alternative.

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Not really my thing but it sounds good.

This is from a band I discovered a while back that I  like. Kind of Alternative.

Not bad, not my thing but  it’s not rap!!:P

There’s always hope!

There is lots of good music out there, but you have go look for it, because most of it won't get played on the radio stations.

YouTube is a place to look and so is iTunes.

On iTunes I'll look at artists/bands I like and see who they were influenced by and who they influenced

12 minutes ago, Chantry said:

There is lots of good music out there, but you have go look for it, because most of it won't get played on the radio stations.

It has always been thus. More so these days. :(

7 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Pop is absolutely not my thing at all...
Having said that, one does have to truly admire the chops of the musicians.

There’s some nice chord changes in this tune. Reminds me of Earth Wind and Fire or Chicago or Steely Dan. 

Oh yeah... I so appreciate musicianship... I just have less than zero interest in pap and sap stuff.
It brings to mind that scene from Animal House, where the guy is papping those chicks at the Toga party, when John Belushi smashes his guitar.

25 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Oh yeah... I so appreciate musicianship... I just have less than zero interest in pap and sap stuff.
It brings to mind that scene from Animal House, where the guy is papping those chicks at the Toga party, when John Belushi smashes his guitar.

This is nothing like the music in Animal house! :oThis is real music and musicianship. It's not pap and sap, it's borderline jazz and rhythm and blues!

I'm formally trained by a concert pianist from age 5... and I play every instrument in that video, except the percussion.
I really do understand musicianship and appreciate the chops.

Nowhere did I say this is like the music in Animal House.  Please re-read.
I mentioned it being sappy, like the scene from Animal House.

1 minute ago, bgavin said:

I'm formally trained by a concert pianist from age 5... and I play every instrument in that video, except the percussion.
I really do understand musicianship and appreciate the chops.

Nowhere did I say this is like the music in Animal House.  Please re-read.
I mentioned it being sappy, like the scene from Animal House.

You said it “brings to mind” the scene in Animal House so I assumed you meant it was like that music. 
My whole point in this thread was it’s nice to see some real music and instruments being played instead of hip hop rap with all electronics. 
I also play piano, guitar and I played drums for a living for 35 years, taught percussion also, I’m currently a piano tuner technician even though I’m semi retired. I’ve made a living with music my whole adult life,

3 hours ago, Chantry said:

YouTube is a place to look and so is iTunes.

On iTunes I'll look at artists/bands I like and see who they were influenced by and who they influenced

Yes! The thing I really like about Apple Music (iTunes) is if you find a song that you like, pull it up in a search and play it and the system will follow that song up with similar music if you let it play. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes not, but it’s a really cool system. If you don’t like a song just skip it bi have put together some great playlists this way. :)

This one is climbing the charts!

19 hours ago, Cholla said:

This one is climbing the charts!

A few decades ago, when my cousin, Harold, married his wife Kay, that was the wedding song.

Yes, Kay is full blood Cree and Harry, like me, has First Nation Blood.

Archived