Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Maybe there's hope for music after all


Recommended Posts

Nice tune, great chord changes and melodies! This was the Song of the year!!! There's some hope after all.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not really my thing but it sounds good.

 

This is from a band I discovered a while back that I  like. Kind of Alternative.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Not really my thing but it sounds good.

 

This is from a band I discovered a while back that I  like. Kind of Alternative.

 

 

Not bad, not my thing but  it’s not rap!!:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I like Bruno Mars.  He did a half time show at the 2014 Super Bowl that was amazing.

He has been going for awhile , He does put on a decent show and that in itself is a lost art.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s always hope!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is lots of good music out there, but you have go look for it, because most of it won't get played on the radio stations.

 

YouTube is a place to look and so is iTunes.

 

On iTunes I'll look at artists/bands I like and see who they were influenced by and who they influenced

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chantry said:

There is lots of good music out there, but you have go look for it, because most of it won't get played on the radio stations.

 

It has always been thus. More so these days. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pop is absolutely not my thing at all...
Having said that, one does have to truly admire the chops of the musicians.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Pop is absolutely not my thing at all...
Having said that, one does have to truly admire the chops of the musicians.

There’s some nice chord changes in this tune. Reminds me of Earth Wind and Fire or Chicago or Steely Dan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah... I so appreciate musicianship... I just have less than zero interest in pap and sap stuff.
It brings to mind that scene from Animal House, where the guy is papping those chicks at the Toga party, when John Belushi smashes his guitar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Oh yeah... I so appreciate musicianship... I just have less than zero interest in pap and sap stuff.
It brings to mind that scene from Animal House, where the guy is papping those chicks at the Toga party, when John Belushi smashes his guitar.

This is nothing like the music in Animal house! :oThis is real music and musicianship. It's not pap and sap, it's borderline jazz and rhythm and blues!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm formally trained by a concert pianist from age 5... and I play every instrument in that video, except the percussion.
I really do understand musicianship and appreciate the chops.

Nowhere did I say this is like the music in Animal House.  Please re-read.
I mentioned it being sappy, like the scene from Animal House.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bgavin said:

I'm formally trained by a concert pianist from age 5... and I play every instrument in that video, except the percussion.
I really do understand musicianship and appreciate the chops.

Nowhere did I say this is like the music in Animal House.  Please re-read.
I mentioned it being sappy, like the scene from Animal House.


 

You said it “brings to mind” the scene in Animal House so I assumed you meant it was like that music. 
My whole point in this thread was it’s nice to see some real music and instruments being played instead of hip hop rap with all electronics. 
I also play piano, guitar and I played drums for a living for 35 years, taught percussion also, I’m currently a piano tuner technician even though I’m semi retired. I’ve made a living with music my whole adult life,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chantry said:

There is lots of good music out there, but you have go look for it, because most of it won't get played on the radio stations.

 

YouTube is a place to look and so is iTunes.

 

On iTunes I'll look at artists/bands I like and see who they were influenced by and who they influenced

Yes! The thing I really like about Apple Music (iTunes) is if you find a song that you like, pull it up in a search and play it and the system will follow that song up with similar music if you let it play. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes not, but it’s a really cool system. If you don’t like a song just skip it bi have put together some great playlists this way. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This one is climbing the charts!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Cholla said:

This one is climbing the charts!

 

 

 

A few decades ago, when my cousin, Harold, married his wife Kay, that was the wedding song.

Yes, Kay is full blood Cree and Harry, like me, has First Nation Blood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.