SASS Wire Forum

New gun coming

Rye Miles #13621

image.png.0589d3f0cad2205e81f5fc57a7adb87e.pngDaisy 880 Powerline, BB and Pellet gun. I have a Red Ryder but this is way more powerful. My son has one so he ordered one for me. Nice son huh??

Can't tell you how many sparrows have fallen to mine over the years. Has to be thousands. Pellets are much more accurate for me. The BB's never shot well.

Neat! Let us know what you think of  it once you try it. I am considering a pellet rifle. For some reason I am not as accurate as I used to be with my pellet pistol...:rolleyes:

We have a pair of Beeman (Weirauch, Feinwerkbau) precision pellet rifles, that are illegal to shoot in Sacramento County now.
These are the high precision German production rifles that every bit as finely made as top line rifles.

Both were "Beemanized" with their complete strip, polish and hotrod process as part of the purchase price.
My bride uses hers with a peep sight to shoot the eyes out of photos of her ex-husband (until they became illegal in the back yard).

Just now, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Nice. 

AMAZON:

Snip-it_1649191928900.jpg.a06826e8d9a2da65885a53e6285b77ba.jpg

Snip-it_1649191848206.jpg.8d265435806c78952c80626fa4ee10fa.jpg

Snip-it_1649191874104.jpg.4ef2b6a8d835b3a36db4c199ef2abb7d.jpg

My son paid $99,00 with free shipping! Apparently the prices change frequently on Amazon!:o

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

image.png.0589d3f0cad2205e81f5fc57a7adb87e.pngDaisy 880 Powerline, BB and Pellet gun. I have a Red Ryder but this is way more powerful. My son has one so he ordered one for me. Nice son huh??

....... does this Son of yours need to adopt another Father ?  :huh:

.............. I, hereby, tender my application .......    :D

2 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... does this Son of yours need to adopt another Father ?  :huh:

.............. I, hereby, tender my application .......    :D

Can you own one of these in Australia? 

8 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I think so (not absolutely sure) with appropriate licencing and safe storage cabinet/gunsafe .....   :blush:

I’ll talk to my son but I’m not promising anything! :P:P

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ll talk to my son but I’m not promising anything! :P:P

... thank you, ..... I shall wait with baited breath ..........

(this, after all, a fishing expedition ;))

Sumpin' near fifteen years ago I got a woodpecker with one o' them....

I know - woodpeckers are protected.  But I walked into the garage one day through the "people door," and evidently this rascal had been trapped in there.  Probably flew through the large door and settled in for a nap, then got shut in.

Anyway... I walked in, innocently minding my own business, carrying my son's Daisy.  Suddenly, out of nowhere,  out of the recesses of the garage this miniature pterodactyl streaks right at my head.  I immediately reacted, letting out a "Yikes!" and Louisville Slugger-ing that Daisy at whatever-the-hell was about to rip off my face.  There was a rewarding *thump*, and I saw a feathered ball sail across the garage and disappear behind a stack o' boxes. 

I figgered whatever it was would recover and find its way outside.  But a few years later, when packing up to move, I came across the desiccated remains of a woodpecker, and assumed that it was the creature that had attacked me.

It was self defense!!  :o

By the way - woodpeckers were a serious problem back then.  I was awakened one morning the the tattoo of no fewer than EIGHT of the boogers drilling into the eaves at once.  I actually tried tacking up sheet metal on the worst places.  They tried... they tried hard.  REALLY woke me up then!  Hope they got headaches!  :angry:

We have a verrry baaad skunk in the back yard, every night.
I think he was pal-ing around with our cat, who never gets sprayed.
But... dayum!  That thing stinks up a storm.

I'd like to introduce Mr. Skunk to my nice Henry Frontier rifle... but that is massively illegal here behind the lines in CA.
Probably cost me 2,000 to Life for dispatching a skunk.

Archived