SASS Wire Forum

WTB Musket nipples for a CVA 50 cal, or where I can find them.

1 hour ago, Parson John Tourmann, #67768 said:

One of our shooters is also a Civil War reenactor. Confederate farm boy, so the Hawkin. needs the Musket nipple because they are easier to load?

Parson

I second track of the wolf. Also Ampco nipples are good. I have an old cva hawken that had misfire issues with the stock nipple that took pistol caps. I changed it out to the one that accepts musket caps and haven’t had a misfire since. Just be sure to get the right thread. The cva thread is 6x1mm.

498AA853-E757-4F15-85D2-A42B506A0648.png

Not positive, but pretty sure a musket nipple will be way to large for a Hawkin. Both for the bolster and the hammer.

24 minutes ago, HamptonBogs45 said:

I second track of the wolf. Also Ampco nipples are good. I have an old cva hawken that had misfire issues with the stock nipple that took pistol caps. I changed it out to the one that accepts musket caps and haven’t had a misfire since. Just be sure to get the right thread. The cva thread is 6x1mm.

498AA853-E757-4F15-85D2-A42B506A0648.png

I will stand corrected!!

Yep. Change nipples and use either. I swapped out my TC Renegade from # 11’s to musket caps but changing the nipples.  Works great!

Sam Sackett 

4 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Not positive, but pretty sure a musket nipple will be way to large for a Hawkin. Both for the bolster and the hammer.

I have changed over to musket nipples on a custom built .54 cal Hawkin rifle and a .54 cal Lyman Plains pistol. Both work perfectly using musket caps

Archived