SASS Wire Forum

F-35 crash video question

An F-35 crashed on landing aboard the USS Carl Vinson in late January. Since this article was written, the jet was recovered from the depths. 

What I’m wondering is, what’s the motivation for an Ensign and 4 chiefs to leak the video? What do they gain by it? Money from news outlets? Are they that dumb to think they wouldn’t be found out?

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/02/17/ensign-and-four-chiefs-charged-for-leaking-f-35-crash-video/

4 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

An F-35 crashed on landing aboard the USS Carl Vinson in late January. Since this article was written, the jet was recovered from the depths. 

What I’m wondering is, what’s the motivation for an Ensign and 4 chiefs to leak the video? What do they gain by it? Money from news outlets? Are they that dumb to think they wouldn’t be found out?

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/02/17/ensign-and-four-chiefs-charged-for-leaking-f-35-crash-video/

I have no idea what motivates people do the dumb stuff they do. Civilian or military. :unsure:

Social media Attention , they dont think , they forget OPSEC ,   They forget that unless you turn it off I can take a picture you post online and geotag it to your exact coordinates , Giving away where you are and at what time . 
  When deployed , in our team we had multiple accounts never posted pics , and those we did to for hidden messages were scrubbed  .

My son-in-law is the Commodore who ran that recovery mission.
It went some 6 weeks due to hauling that bird up from some 13,000 feet of water.

The crews were DRILLED intensely on the secrecy of the project.
Those sailors who violated the rules are getting the book thrown at them, because they are just plain STUPID.

Short lived career for that ensign. Didn’t even make JG.

Archived