SASS Wire Forum

Major Bill has passed.

I just saw a post from Major Bill's wife that Bill has passed away. Here is the text:

This is Marge
It is with great sadness that I must tell you that Bill passed away on Saturday, April 2, 2022
Visitation will be at Saturday April 9, 2022, 1-3 pm , at Mowell's Funeral Home, 200 Robinson Road, Peachtree City, GA.
Services at Mowell's at 3 pm.
Reception at Mimi's Good Food 4 pm. 303 Kelly Drive Peachtree CIty
I am going to ask you to please send me your remembrance of him. These remembrances will be his legacy and service.

Major Bill was a kind and humble man.  I've enjoyed shooting with him over the years.  I was reading his obituary and learned that he spent 20 years in the Army after being drafted in 1965.  He received the CIB, Silver Star, 6 bronze stars and 5 purple hearts. I know I will miss seeing him on the range and listening to all the problems he is having with "that damn camper".   :FlagAm:

I am very sorry to hear this, he will be missed by all that knew him. We will have to raise a toast to him around the campfire.

Sure hate to hear this sad news.  Like others I've shot many matches with Major Bill on the same posse.  He had a dry sense of humor and was a pretty funny guy when you got to know him.  He served his country well and was a decorated veteran.  He'll be missed.  RIP pard.

Kajun

Archived