SASS Wire Forum

Need a gunsmith for Pedersoli “Lighting” Pump Action Carbine

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

I have a pard, really I do--this isn't my rifle, who owns a Pedersoli Lightning in 45 Colt

It doesn't feed the rounds when action is worked--great as a single shot but he was looking for more of a repeater

He's in Houston but is not opposed to shipping it to whomever can work their magic on it

So . . . who is a good gunsmith that can make this "thing" work?

thanks,

cr

Does he have Roger Rapids Lightning manual? A lot can be learned about the rifle from the manual and I’m pretty sure the feeding issue is a simple one to remedy. The cartridge stop lever has been an issue on everyone of them that I’ve had. Another thing to check is cleanliness of magazine tube, if it’s rusty the follower will hang up and you’ll have feeding issues. Roger will send a manual free of charge.

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

he is not mechanically inclined--wants to get it fixed by pro.

As an FYI if he is going to shoot a Lightning he is going to have to learn how to care for and feed it.

10 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

As an FYI if he is going to shoot a Lightning he is going to have to learn how to care for and feed it.

Isn’t that the truth!  They can be a solid performer but as Larson says, your gonna have to learn to care for it

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

he is not mechanically inclined--wants to get it fixed by pro.

He’d probably be better off selling it. Lassiter has a backlog of several months. Roger may work on it, send him a PM.

Cheyene Ranger... Have your friend PM me or email me at roger(at)siminoff.net. Maybe I can talk him through it, or at the very least determine what's wrong.

RR

3 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Heh heh....

I drove across Texas a couple of years ago.   It's REALLY big.  All of New England would fit inside of it with space left over!

It would be a 600 mile drive from Houston north to Amarillo, but shipping by air is just a cannon shot within State,  hopefully priced accordingly. Both cities have international airports. Estimated in air time is 1 hour 19 minutes. I will dig up my documents on the work I had done and see what the charge was for shipping there and back to SC. Once I copy the box size and weight and confirm that it went Fed Ex, I can get an estimate to/from the two cities in question.

12 hours ago, Roscoe Regulator said:

It would be a 600 mile drive from Houston north to Amarillo, but shipping by air is just a cannon shot within State,  hopefully priced accordingly. Both cities have international airports. Estimated in air time is 1 hour 19 minutes. I will dig up my documents on the work I had done and see what the charge was for shipping there and back to SC. Once I copy the box size and weight and confirm that it went Fed Ex, I can get an estimate to/from the two cities in question.

45 x 11 x 3 box at 9 pounds was my shipment to use for estimate. Since it is supposed to be shipped by an FFL, get the estimate from there. For 2nd Day Air, I am seeing 46-55 dollars, which beats 3-4 days driving and hotels or two very long days each way. Shipping to Tulsa gave the same rate, so going out of State only that far made no difference in rate. Kansas City though was 25 more.

19 hours ago, Roger Rapid said:

Cheyene Ranger... Have your friend PM me or email me at roger(at)siminoff.net. Maybe I can talk him through it, or at the very least determine what's wrong.

RR

I sent him a link to this thread--hope he takes you up on it

cr

We don't know exactly what the "feeding problem" is. If it is a problem feeding into the lifter - as opposed to feeding into the chamber - then the bullet profile is not the problem.

Cheyenne said it wasn't feeding rounds when then action was cycled, so it is more probably a cartridge stop lever problem.

RR

Archived