SASS Wire Forum

ISO - 12 ga Winchester 1897 Butt Stock

Cypress Sun

Anyone have a '97 butt stock laying around that they don't need? Looking to buy an un-cut 12 ga. stock. Doesn't need to be pretty, just functional with no splits and uncut. It's going on an ugly stick anyway.  Prefer one with butt plate but not necessary.

Let me know what you have and how much you want for it with shipping included.

Thanks

Sun

27 minutes ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

New, unused IAC stock for a 97.  $110 shipped.

20210907_092417.jpg

20210907_092411.jpg

20210907_092428.jpg

20210907_092451.jpg

Thanks Fireball, that's way too purty for this application. Do the Chinese stocks fit on the original Wins?

Congrats on the shootoff, that makes win #5 or 6 doesn't it!

Sun

13 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Thanks Fireball, that's way too purty for this application. Do the Chinese stocks fit on the original Wins?

Congrats on the shootoff, that makes win #5 or 6 doesn't it!

Sun

Won't be pretty for long....LOL.  Seriously, I went looking for uncut stocks a couple times and short of some for several hundreds of $$'s, never found any.(look at Ebay for sticker shock)  I ended up buying one too many of these(sale price is what I have in it).  Woodfox is correct, with the caveat, that even from original to original, they don't always just drop in and fit.  In my experience if they need any fitting it's usually just some wood removal, but since they made a million plus, there's going to be some variation.LOL 

Thanks for the congrats, I love the shoot off format!!

If it's the ugly stick that I know, that ugly gun is slicker than any I ever held. I'll give you what you paid for it plus fiddy Yankee dollas.

You can even keep the old stock.

You can thank me later.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Waimea said:

If it's the ugly stick that I know, that ugly gun is slicker than any I ever held. I'll give you what you paid for it plus fiddy Yankee dollas.

You can thank me later.

That's got to be a dandy if Waimea outright offered $50 EXTRA:lol:

2 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I just got a buttstock from Boyd's. Great price and I sported for the checkering, too. The fit is just a shade proud of the receiver, but it isn't noticeable.

2 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

I don't think it's really him. Somebody has scammed his identity here on the Wire.

3 hours ago, Waimea said:

You can thank me later.

The one you are probably thinking of was named Shakey. It's the only one I ever named, at least that was printable. Sold that one some time back.

3 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

It was such a dandy, it's name was Shakey. The name said it all.;)

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

The one you are probably thinking of was named Shakey. It's the only one I ever named, at least that was printable. Sold that one some time back.

I loved Shakey.

I think it could have chambered a 10 gauge shell.

Sad that it's gone.

1 hour ago, Max Payne said:

I don't think it's really him. Somebody has scammed his identity here on the Wire.

It's really me.

4 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

I was thinking 25

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

Did ya find one yet?

Or should I keep telling funny (to me) stories?

Nope, didn't find one yet that is in bad/ugly enough, yet good enough. Did get a PM from a fellow with a decent offer but it had a large split at the neck. Probably would have been okay but all it takes is a odd lay down and I'd be back on here again for the same thing.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, for now, you'll have to tell funny stories...but just remember...what goes on with the pool and parking lot posse, stays with the pool and parking lot posse's.;):ph34r:

On 4/4/2022 at 7:25 PM, Cypress Sun said:

Nope, didn't find one yet that is in bad/ugly enough, yet good enough. Did get a PM from a fellow with a decent offer but it had a large split at the neck. Probably would have been okay but all it takes is a odd lay down and I'd be back on here again for the same thing.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, for now, you'll have to tell funny stories...but just remember...what goes on with the pool and parking lot posse, stays with the pool and parking lot posse's.;):ph34r:

The pool posse was great!

Pretty sure that was my first contact with the South Carolina posse.

That cannot be considered a story.

Anyway remember when Major (Something or other) actually took a swim down and back. IN JANUARY!

FLORIDA IS FLORIDA BUT JANUARY IN FLORIDA THAT WATER IS STILL COLD!

That's kind of a story but not about you or me so it doesn't count. 

So there's your bump.:lol:

Archived