SASS Wire Forum

Any matches near Greensboro NC?

Snakejaw_Joe

I moved up to NC from FL last year to get my Gunsmith degree from Montgomery’s attendance program. The programs been intense so I’ve put SASS on hold… but I’m about to a point where I’m getting acclimated to the schedule and looking to shoot some matches.

I’ve seen the list of matches in my area, and the ones in Salisbury and Statesville are within an hour or so from me. But wondering if any of the active pards on here have one they can speak for? I drive an hour each way for school so I’m not above riding the ole horse a ways.

• Snakejaw_Joe changed the title to Any matches near Greensboro NC?

Snakejaw Joe, Depending on where you live in Greensboro NC it would be about a 2 hour drive to the Cross Creek Cowboys match held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The address is 23580 Wagram Rd., Wagram NC. If you are not familiar with NC club information, you can find match information on www.carolinacowboys.us. We would be happy to have you join us if we’re not too far from where you live. 

4 hours ago, Sandhills Slim, SASS #22998 said:

Snakejaw Joe, Depending on where you live in Greensboro NC it would be about a 2 hour drive to the Cross Creek Cowboys match held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The address is 23580 Wagram Rd., Wagram NC. If you are not familiar with NC club information, you can find match information on www.carolinacowboys.us. We would be happy to have you join us if we’re not too far from where you live. 

Thanks Sandhills Slim, I drive down to wagram every once in a while to visit a couple gun stores, definitely not too far for me. I’m assuming that’s 2 Saturdays from today — I may send you a PM before the day to get acquainted with the range. I have full kit and costume and shoot 44-40 black powder so there will be smoke!

You have multiple choices that are 1hour from Greensboro and all are good matches to attend.

Salisbury (Old North State Posse) shoots on the First Saturday of each month.

Creedmoor (Carolina Cattlemen) shoots on the Second Saturday of each month. (my favorite :D)

Statesville (Iredell Regulators) shoots on the 4th Saturday of each month.

With Wagram included on the 3rd Saturday, (just a little further) you can shoot every weekend and have lot's of fun.

JM

5 hours ago, J. M. BROWN, SASS # 27309 said:

You have multiple choices that are 1hour from Greensboro and all are good matches to attend.

Salisbury (Old North State Posse) shoots on the First Saturday of each month.

Creedmoor (Carolina Cattlemen) shoots on the Second Saturday of each month. (my favorite :D)

Statesville (Iredell Regulators) shoots on the 4th Saturday of each month.

With Wagram included on the 3rd Saturday, (just a little further) you can shoot every weekend and have lot's of fun.

JM

Thanks JMB, that gives me plenty of options. I’ll likely start with 1 or 2 a month then add if schedule allows. What should I expect in terms of attendance in this area?

On 4/2/2022 at 7:52 PM, Snakejaw_Joe said:

Thanks Sandhills Slim, I drive down to wagram every once in a while to visit a couple gun stores, definitely not too far for me. I’m assuming that’s 2 Saturdays from today — I may send you a PM before the day to get acquainted with the range. I have full kit and costume and shoot 44-40 black powder so there will be smoke!

@Sandhills Slim, SASS #22998 and his bride, Miss Jewel are the NICEST couple! I adore them both and they will welcome you with GREAT BIG OPEN ARMS!! :)

Big hugs and welcome back!

Scarlett

On 4/3/2022 at 6:41 PM, Snakejaw_Joe said:

Thanks JMB, that gives me plenty of options. I’ll likely start with 1 or 2 a month then add if schedule allows. What should I expect in terms of attendance in this area?

Attendance has been down all around due to covid, etc.  It varies from club to club with an averages between 10 to 15 with Statesville in the 20's  and Salisbury   30 to 40. This is a rough stab and they can correct me if necessary.

JM

Samdhills Slim and Ms. Jewel put on a great match every month with the help of the rest of the board!  Come on down and have some fun! 

Archived