SASS Wire Forum

Cattle-eating croc caught in Australia!

Crikey that’s a biggun!
Noice of em to put him on a comfy mattress ay?

I had three thoughts looking at that picture.

One, I noticed that while the jaws are tied shut and the tail is strapped down, the rest of the critter is not. This causes me to assume that it is dead.

Dos, if it ain't dead, them folks is morons for standing that close to its tail, even if the tail is tied down with nylon straps.

And C, God I hope that kid is a girl. Otherwise he's going to have all kinds of trouble in school.

44 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Dos, if it ain't dead, them folks is morons for standing that close to its tail, even if the tail is tied down with nylon straps.

It appears like there is a rope maybe tied around it’s snout and one at the tail. 
Regardless, not enough tie downs in my book. 

There are two piles of heavier straps at the rear of the trailer and a material wadded.  I'm assuming a water absorbent cover for the croc to stay cool on the trailer. Which means they had to take the picture before covering and puting on transport straps.

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am guessing the tape is to cover it’s eyes for transport. 

Who gets to remove that? :blink:

Transport him to the butcher shop! That could feed a lot of people!

53 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Looks like another photoshop special.  Make the people look small and the croc look big.

100% agreed. I thin the croc is huge but in relationship to the trailer fender, the people look small. It's so easy to manipulate photos these days, I rarely trust anything like this. Heck, I just saw an app advertised on FB that will thin the waist, and legs of a woman while increasing the size of the bust. (In a photo, just so we're clear.)

Oh ye of little faith...5.3 meters! :lol:

There’s no manipulation. It’s simply camera angle.

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

And C, God I hope that kid is a girl. Otherwise he's going to have all kinds of trouble in school.

What an odd thing to say.

Archived