SASS Wire Forum

Expansion Industries Primers -- New Plant In Texas

Cholla

16 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Good info. But is this guy a human or a computer generation?

Max Headroom is real!!! It was driving me nuts as well. I am guessing he was saying a lot of ummms between thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Max Headroom is real!!! It was driving me nuts as well. I am guessing he was saying a lot of ummms between thoughts.

yep, lots of editing cuts... I think he was reading the press release by Expansion Industries and was probably having trouble keeping his place... This was announced in late January this year.  https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/a-third-primer-manufacturer-now-tooling-up-for-production-in-texas-in-2022/

I am hopeful but not holding my breath that they pull this off. They’ve been around for a while and we’re kind of a fly by night repackager of powder from what I’ve seen. I have a jug of powder with their name on it, and it’s decent powder but their load data is questionable at best and although I’m sure they didn’t manufacture it, they are super tight lipped about what it actually is. Maybe they are heading in a better direction, and I hope that they are, but I’m a bit skeptical. 

Okay. If he needs that many cuts to put cognizant thoughts together, please somebody, take his a/v recording equipment away......

Cholla's second video is much more coherent.  But I am extremely skeptical.  Wish a Texas pard would visit the plant site to see what is going on.  A bunch of PR responses mean nothing.  What is actually on the ground in operation?

If anything.

Ammoseek has shown nothing for a month.  Just the usual gougers with their third world product at silly prices.

Expansion claims to have 10 million dollars invested in this endeavor. 

I wish that a company  such as Dillon had 10 million dollars invested in a new primer plant.  We need this. 

Google the primer making process and you will see videos of an incredibly archaic hands-on operation that is basically 19th century.  If anyone has computerized/automated this, I haven't  seen the evidence.  (Please enlighten me, I am interested).

Perhaps Expansion could show us some of their wonderful new, high tech machines at work?

Better than an email.

Here is a video of the response to their job fair three weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

That video was wholly uninformative. They ought to open a new primer plant in Utah since it's so gun friendly.

It was more to show that the process is happening and how many in the area are applying for work at a time that many places are struggling to find help.

13 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Anybody received a paycheck yet?  Again, would like to hear from someone on the ground.

I would think no, except for maybe those prepping the site for the installations of the production cells. That takes an investment to get electrical, compressed air, and IT drops where they need to be, not counting any system upgrades such as electrical systems, new air compressors, server rooms and computers. Any production machinery is going to be paid for before shipment. And it itself has to be made. There's a lot that goes into producing a product long before one starts down the production line. Just looking at the photos, the site may need pavement upgrades, new roofing, air-conditioning replacements, new bathrooms, new office equipment, etc.

One video said 2023 before we see product. That sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

I would think no, except for maybe those prepping the site for the installations of the production cells. That takes an investment to get electrical, compressed air, and IT drops where they need to be, not counting any system upgrades such as electrical systems, new air compressors, server rooms and computers. Any production machinery is going to be paid for before shipment. And it itself has to be made. There's a lot that goes into producing a product long before one starts down the production line. Just looking at the photos, the site may need pavement upgrades, new roofing, air-conditioning replacements, new bathrooms, new office equipment, etc.

One video said 2023 before we see product. That sounds about right.

And, a really good fire suppression system.

I wish them good luck in their endeavor. Their answers to the questions was good PR wording. Take for example “fair trade price” sounds good but until they can produce tens of millions of primers you won’t be able to stop gouging.  One question that I wished was asked is will they be able to survive without Federal government purchases of their ammo?

IMO one of their biggest concerns will be is the possibility that the big two competitors will come after them? They could change their minds about selling primers and then flood the market with lower cost primers to try to put Expansion out of business because their profit margin would be gone.

I imagine that once they are really up and running there will be more videos on their primer making facility.   

Nawlins

Archived