SASS Wire Forum

I’m encouraged by the Ukraine progress

Utah Bob #35998

But I hope this doesn’t end up like the Winter War of 1940. :(

The Russians got their butts kicked, fell back, regrouped and came back hard.in the end, the Finns had to sign a treaty and cede 10% of their eastern border territory to Stalin.

The battle has been interesting.  I especially find the Russian troops ignorance about Chernobyl very instructive.  The directive of the Russian brass and Putin making Ukrainian Nazis the fiends calls the Russian fear and hatred for the WW 2 Nazis to the forefront.  The resolve of the people to fight is strong there.  An insurgency will develop as this continues.

4 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Congrats on supporting the money wash 

BED5D190-9AD0-4DC8-8067-620926D51A04.jpeg

E97AA64B-8C5F-45B9-8D31-6DC7DAC298A5.jpeg

A563A75E-F90C-4021-8026-EAD0D9364034.jpeg

Which has nothing to do it.

One idiot reporter this morning was amazed that the helicopters could fly that distance. “20 miles! It must have taken a long time”, he said. :blink:

I think hitting the fuel depot was a warning shot.   It let Putin know they are capable of bringing the fight to mother Russia.  The Ukrainians seem to be a lot smarter about this war than the Russians.

14 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

One idiot reporter this morning was amazed that the helicopters could fly that distance. “20 miles! It must have taken a long time”, he said. :blink:

you can't fix stupid.jpg

2 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I think hitting the fuel depot was a warning shot.   It let Putin know they are capable of bringing the fight to mother Russia.  The Ukrainians seem to be a lot smarter about this war than the Russians.

Makes you wonder what they could have done it we had armed them to the teeth.

JHC

8 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Makes you wonder what they could have done it we had armed them to the teeth.

JHC

They were smart. Two choppers could easily have been mistaken as returning Russians. A whole squadron would be another matter. Whoever was in charge of air defense in that sector will be eating borscht in Siberia.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

And reports are that no civilians were killed.

Which is amazing. I would expect the Russians to say a bus load of children and ten senior citizens died.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Dumb B-----d couldn't tell a helicopter from a  mule show....but I'll bet he sure gets a food salary for knowing so little.

This is part of an editorial in the Wall Street Journal:

"...The peace terms Russia is demanding in negotiations suggest that such a consolidation in Ukraine’s east and a long-term occupation is now Russia’s goal. He’ll have won the long-sought “land bridge” between the Crimea and the Donbas. Mr. Putin could claim victory, pause for some years while he re-arms, continue trying to assassinate Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and otherwise make political, cyber and other trouble for a Western-leaning Ukraine government.

That’s why Mr. Zelensky now wants to go on the offensive. The more territory his forces can win back, the stronger position his country will have at the bargaining table. The experience of Russia’s behavior in Georgia in 2008 and eastern Ukraine in 2014-15 is that Mr. Putin doesn’t give up territory once his troops occupy it. The result is another “frozen conflict,” with the country he has invaded weaker than before and more vulnerable to more Russian mayhem..."

9 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

This is part of an editorial in the Wall Street Journal:

"...The peace terms Russia is demanding in negotiations suggest that such a consolidation in Ukraine’s east and a long-term occupation is now Russia’s goal. He’ll have won the long-sought “land bridge” between the Crimea and the Donbas. Mr. Putin could claim victory, pause for some years while he re-arms, continue trying to assassinate Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and otherwise make political, cyber and other trouble for a Western-leaning Ukraine government.

That’s why Mr. Zelensky now wants to go on the offensive. The more territory his forces can win back, the stronger position his country will have at the bargaining table. The experience of Russia’s behavior in Georgia in 2008 and eastern Ukraine in 2014-15 is that Mr. Putin doesn’t give up territory once his troops occupy it. The result is another “frozen conflict,” with the country he has invaded weaker than before and more vulnerable to more Russian mayhem..."

Ya know, turn about is fair play. 

Mr. Putin would do well to remember that.

It would only take one dedicated individual to get close enough.

Archived