SASS Wire Forum

Browning B-92 357 20"

Seymour Action

Looking for some opinions on this model.

Wondering what a fair price on a B-92 357 in todays market?? I understand these are very rare to find. From what I've read, they are one of the best 1892s you can get.

Seymour Action

Pay what ever he wants for it. IMO they are the Best 92 ever made. Wish I still had mine. 

2 minutes ago, Seymour Action said:

Thanks Snakebite,

I'm shooting one now. Planning to get a 1873. Just wondering if I should sell or keep the 92?

If you can afford to do so, keep it. 73 will always be available, that B-92 will not be. 

23 minutes ago, Seymour Action said:

Thanks Snakebite,

I'm shooting one now. Planning to get a 1873. Just wondering if I should sell or keep the 92?

Backup rifles are quite useful.  I've shot my backup rifles at major matches.  Why not have both?

If willing to list on gunbroker a B-92 in 357 will easily sell for close to $2000 unless yours is in really rough shape.  I saw a lightly used one with the original box go for almost $3k.  

SASS is pretty much dominated by short stroked 1873s, but there is nothing wrong with a 92 and the B-92 is the best one out there.

4 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I bought a nice B92 .357 for $440 in 2002 - I expect they're going for a bit more now. 

About the same time I sold one to a fellow looking to get started. i had a couple of Marlins that I liked better so figured I'd help the guy out. Sold it to him for $275, never saw him again.

simpsons___facepalm_doh.jpg

10 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

About the same time I sold one to a fellow looking to get started. i had a couple of Marlins that I liked better so figured I'd help the guy out. Sold it to him for $275, never saw him again.

I put mine up for sale 4 years later, and had to drop the price to $400 before someone here finally jumped on it. It had a Lyman #2 tang sight on it when I bought it, and I kept the sight. After shipping, it was about a break even deal.

The Browning 92's are great lever guns.

Many were used by the top shooters for many years. Although Evil Roy, San Juan, China Camp, Durango Kid, were/are all great guys I don't want their worn out guns. Be careful what you buy, many of those B-92's are totally worn out. 

7 hours ago, Seymour Action said:

LOL, It's called Wife logic. "You are getting a new rifle, Maybe you can sell the old one to offset the cost."

How much do you think you can get for the old wife?

:ph34r:

I prefer the new Winchester-Mirokus to the older Browning-Mirokus.

Much better action on the new Winnys. There's no parts for a B92 if you

should need any. Also the B92's had aluminum bbl bands!! Don't know why but

that ticked me off enough that I sold both of mine.

Archived