SASS Wire Forum

Ginex sp primers

Lawdog Dago Dom

I just bought a case , it’s really not a bad price in today’s market , they also didn’t charge sales tax so it’s $475 to your door . I read enough positive reviews on them to give them a shot . That said no gun I own is sprung so lightly as to require federal primers to be reliable. But if you’re in that situation you’re stuck buying federals no matter what 

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I just bought a case , it’s really not a bad price in today’s market , they also didn’t charge sales tax so it’s $475 to your door...

So Hazmat was paid, too?

Made in Bosnia Let us know how this goes. Location is a run down warehouse complex.

5 hours ago, john brown said:

Made in Bosnia Let us know how this goes. Location is a run down warehouse complex.

There are plenty on online reviews on them already, they were oversized and hard to seat back in 15/16 but everything I have read is they have been fine since they corrected that problem.

Allot of production facilities here are run down, every thing in Europe is older . I guess that’s why everyone here refers to it as the old country 

Well I've pulled back my posting of them on our club's Face Book page until someone tells me that they have actually received them.

I ordered some Ginex SPPs from Capital Cartridge about 2 months ago. They took 10 days before they shipped. Primers look good. They are a little more stiff than I hoped. They were inconsistent in all the guns we used them in. Best we could get was about 1 in 20 would need a second hit. They've all gone off with additional hits though. Our guns are pretty light. We've always used federals so they are harder than those but not sure how they compare to others. Your results may vary. 

My local gun shop has 5000 of these. $17.00 for 100!!! No thanks!

13 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

I ordered some Ginex SPPs from Capital Cartridge about 2 months ago. They took 10 days before they shipped. Primers look good. They are a little more stiff than I hoped. They were inconsistent in all the guns we used them in. Best we could get was about 1 in 20 would need a second hit. They've all gone off with additional hits though. Our guns are pretty light. We've always used federals so they are harder than those but not sure how they compare to others. Your results may vary. 

This inconsistency in function seems to be the norm. I received 700 of the Ginex SPP last year and have loaded 100 each into my normal 9mm loads (124 gr. LRN and 115 gr FMJ). Used in a model 92 Beretta, Glock 19 and S&W shield. No FTF out of any of them. In the past I have used remington, winchester, CCI and federals in my cowboy guns and it is a very rare FTF with any of them. I still proof my guns using CCI before using in a match to be sure things will go well. Loaded up 150 of the Ginex into my 38's for my cowboy guns and ran 30 through the rifle with 1 in 3 requiring a second drop of the hammer (gave up on them for that gun) and 1 in 20 requiring a second strike in either of my pistols. BTW, They reloaded fine though did seem to take just a touch more effort to seat on my 750. (subjective for sure)

My conclusion was in a factory gun they should be good to go but in a lightly sprung/tuned gun save your reloading effort.

YMMV

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I ordered Saturday and received a email notification with tracking number today.

They definitely aren’t as fast as midway but they are faster than ballistic products.

BTW not complaining about BP , their a great place to deal with 

I agreed to split an order with a friend. From what I've read it is most likely that I will use them for loading 9mm or other practice ammo (PRACTICE!) and save my best for Match ammo.  Problem is, though I still have a fair supply of "First Choice" primers and powder, I'm starting to get a fairly good supply of "Second Choice" primers and powder, since that seems to be the only stuff popping up. now days. 

Snakebite 

I did a write up about testing I did with Ginex primers a couple of months ago.  I didn't have any problem with them going off in any of my guns and mine are very light.  

From what I’ve been told all the no more American primers this year is more about how you interpret the news . I’ve been told Vista is not taking anymore orders for this year because they have sold out what they feel they are capable of producing this yr . So I’m guessing we will continue to see primers trickling through the pipeline from orders placed long ago . 

14 hours ago, Bull Skinner said:

My guess is we won’t see any till they have caught up ammo production. And who knows when that’ll be.

My take is that resupplying Ukraine with small arms ammunition will drain much ammo from both Europe and North America.  During the Gulf Wars some reloading components disappeared for months at a time.  Until hostilities cease there will be pressures on supplies.  More of us might be shooting CAS with .22s.

20 hours ago, Jack Spade said:

I did a write up about testing I did with Ginex primers a couple of months ago.  I didn't have any problem with them going off in any of my guns and mine are very light.  

That is good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. 

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bob said:

They showed up today for anyone doubting if this is a real company. And I just checked the link and their still available. Which I see as a good sign 

image.thumb.jpeg.92f559c508dc6273cbdb42a1f15e3a12.jpeg

This is good news .Please let us know how they workout.

1 minute ago, john brown said:

This is good news .Please let us know how they workout.

I’m guessing my findings won’t be of much interest to the people here because my guns will all set off the old cci primers . 

I just received these small pistol primers.  I loaded 40 rounds and tried them in three different sets of ruger single six revolvers.  Two of the sets still have transfer bars but light springs. The third set had the transfer bars removed with light springs.  All sets are still full stroke and have had lighter firing pin springs install.  All rounds did fire but the firing pin dent in the expended primers was much lighter when compared to Winchester primers.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, JJ “Reb” Wainwright 110206 said:

@Buckshot Bob

resurrecting this thread because I’m curious if you have any range reports from your use of these primers?

thanks!

JJ

No report here . I haven’t loaded any. Have no reason to believe the won’t work just fine. If you have a gun with extremely light springs they are not federals but in that respect neither is any other primer 

I have loaded a few hundred of these. They are harder to seat than other primers. I load with a Dillon 750. They work fine with my Rugers. They have not worked as well with my rifle. I run a light set up although I did change my spring to something heavier. I have not tried since I did that. 

I have loaded and shot about 400 of these.  As stated a few were harder to seat than federals.  Out of all the rounds I had one that didn't go off in my rifle but I think it was my fault.  Fired fine the second time.  My rifle won't fire cci at all and is hit or miss with winchesters.  For right now I am using them in my practice ammo and saving my federals for matches if they prove reliable i will use them in matches.  I order a case of 5k from KRArmory online, price was $450 and included shipping and hazmat.  You can find them on Ammoseek.com.  I think the price may have come down just a little since I ordered mine. 

Archived