SASS Wire Forum

SASS Founders Appreciation

Long Hunter SASS #20389L

Several other topics have started me thinking. Dangerous.

I want to to say thank you to the original SASS Founders for this game. They have given me thousands of hours of enjoyment which I can never repay. The foresight you had at the beginning to start this game has in my opinion, been under appreciated. You started something that will never go away.

It has taught a lot of people including myself what the cowboy way is all about. Bottom line, it's about respecting you fellow human beings opinion, tipping your hat to the ladies and never disparage a person behind his back. Never say anything about anyone you wouldn't say to their face. We all have opinions, right or wrong. Without dialog and open honest communication, there will never be progress. There is also a time when all of us need to accept the majority opinion or the owners decision and shut the hell up. Tough love is still love.

We're now in a new era with a new owner. Please give them your support. 

Long Hunter

As a new shooter, who also has the greatest pleasure of shooting with my 10yo buckaroo, I am deeply thankful not only for the founders but also for each and every one of you cowboys and cowgirls who invented, innovated and promoted this game over the years.  We have one year under our gunbelts and with God’s amazing grace, many more to come. 

With Gratitude,

JJ & Buddy Wainwright

11 hours ago, Long Hunter SASS #20389L said:

Several other topics have started me thinking. Dangerous.

I want to to say thank you to the original SASS Founders for this game. They have given me thousands of hours of enjoyment which I can never repay. The foresight you had at the beginning to start this game has in my opinion, been under appreciated. You started something that will never go away.

It has taught a lot of people including myself what the cowboy way is all about. Bottom line, it's about respecting you fellow human beings opinion, tipping your hat to the ladies and never disparage a person behind his back. Never say anything about anyone you wouldn't say to their face. We all have opinions, right or wrong. Without dialog and open honest communication, there will never be progress. There is also a time when all of us need to accept the majority opinion or the owners decision and shut the hell up. Tough love is still love.

We're now in a new era with a new owner. Please give them your support. 

Long Hunter

Well said.

It was indeed "a good ride".  Many of us, you and I for sure, share a special sadness for the loss, as those did in the move from Norco in 04.  May the new era bring us just a part of that enjoyment, learning, and satisfaction in this game we love so much.  I cherish many moments in CAS, especially from Founders Ranch, but friends made along the way whether at  Norco, FR, Paradise Pass, Ben Avery, OKC, or where-ever have made a wonderful "ride". May there be more to appreciate further "down the trail". 

BB (Ol Dad)

I’ve had the privilege of meeting the Judge & Justice Lily, and have shot with Tex. I expressed my appreciation to them for starting and nurturing this great game. 

Sure has been a lot of fun for us. The game, the people, the whole experience has been the best.

Thanks SASS

Long Hunter, well stated.

I have over the years participated in several shooting sports but none compare to SASS.

I have hundreds of friends across the area who I only know by an alias name.

Those friends are always willing to help out in times of need.

I have over the years been able to shoot with several of the original wild bunch members and always enjoyed their company and historical account of the association. Shot with Tex at 2021 EOT and he still is a strong competitor but never has lost his sense of humor or the ability to laugh at himself. Fine example of we all should be.

Sometimes I get more from thinking about the past shoots and folks I met than going to shoots today.  Still a bunch of old timers around and newbies that are the soul of the game.  Never would have met them if SASS didn't exist.  I had the opportunity to meet some of the Wild Bunch and still shoot with a couple of them.  Good folks.

Archived