SASS Wire Forum

WTB damaged Winchester/Starline 44-40 brass

I need a bunch of 44-40 brass that has been stepped on, has split or damaged necks, but hasn't been damaged on the lower half. I will pay .05/case, plus shipping. Prefer 200 or more to make shipping worthwhile. Got a bucket of damaged brass just sitting around? Sell it to me instead of scrapping. I will take undamaged brass too if you just want to sell it, same price.

I have some that has been attacked by old powder and is too brittle to reload.  When they fail the case separates at the neck shoulder.  If it will work for you I'll pull them out of my scrap brass bucket and send them your way. I know I can at least fill a small flat rate box. Possibly even more.

All of it has been cleaned and wet tumbled but not deprimed.

Will not get home till late tonight but I'll pull them out tomorrow and let you know how many I have.

SD: Thanks, but if it is damaged internally/chemically I can't use it. Slim

BB: I'll write up a good description and post it soon, but not this week. Going away this weekend with my son as he is taking a class on Steam Train safety.

As a matter of fact they would.

I have 120 rounds of 38-40 (with a few necked down 44-40's) with splits or crinkles on the end.  All Winchester or Starline, but almost all has been shot with black powder and is discolored.   PM me if you are interested.

Hey there senor Slim,

I've got about 100 case I pulled out of the scrap bucket, PM me your address and I'll send them to you, I don't want anything for them Just chalk it up as good Karma.

Willy B'

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Anybody else with a  bunch of 44-40 split neck cases in the old scrap bin?

Red: received your cases , thanks.

Archived