SASS Wire Forum

There is a reason you should have kids young.

Singin' Sue 71615

10 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Yup! My Wife is pushing the kids for Grandchildren.  When Grownup kids with extra dogs are visiting, that burns up most of my energy.  Add Rug Rats and I'm done for. :unsure:

We have 9 living grandchildren...I tell you, it is a blessing.

Just hard pulling the all dayers!!!

So much easier from day one to about 18 months...then they get demanding...untill they reach around 30 yrs!!!:rolleyes:

Too late, had my first at 45 years old.

Just now, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Had my great-grand here for a couple of days two weeks ago, we are almost recouped. I had mine really early.

Imis

I hope to see a great-grand...but not for about 6- 10 years from now!

Oldest grandchild is just 16.

I plan on it. Been getting to sore to run anymore, so been taking long hard hikes in the neighboring foothills with the dog. Not on any medications yet, hope to keep not needing any. Been trying to get my weight below 200(I am 6'2" tall). Hope my kids don't wait as long as I did to have kids!

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I hope to see a great-grand...but not for about 6- 10 years from now!

Oldest grandchild is just 16.

I had just turned 17 when mine was born, too early by anybodies standards. Then I did not get to watch him grow up. I met my son when he was 45. Sad story with a happy ending.

Imis

1 hour ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I plan on it. Been getting to sore to run anymore, so been taking long hard hikes in the neighboring foothills with the dog. Not on any medications yet, hope to keep not needing any. Been trying to get my weight below 200(I am 6'2" tall). Hope my kids don't wait as long as I did to have kids!

I can't remember the last time I saw 200lbs!!:ph34r:

There is an old saying: 

"Grandparents, and grandkids, have a common enemy".  (parents)

I can personally verify that old saying to be true.

My son can't get it through his head that my job is to SPOIL my grandson, where appropriate. 

My grand-dad was letting me drive his 8N Ford tractor, when I was 4. I would sit in his lap (I could not reach the peddles) and drive/steer his pickup, down the farm-to-market road, as we drove to the country church, on Sunday. 

I was shooting his bolt action .22 when I was 4.

He gave me a big bag of fireworks, every Christmas, and 4th of July.  

My folks would never have allowed me to do those things. Mom was not a large woman, but had she seen all that, she, likely, would have had a cow.

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Lunch menu :  Redbull

Activity : How to swear like a teamster

.... happily return child/children to their parents     :ph34r:

(We can at least retire them to the back part of the house, with their parents.)

We had my grandson this past weekend. He's a good kid but, damn he's busy! Be three in May. Got him to tell my wife that "Us guys are going to the Man Roooom". Funny as heck.

We had 3 kids by 22 and two more by 28, so one payoff has been in grandkids. We had 6 of those by age 50; 12 total now.

We're 74 and just had our first great-grand; with two more on the way. It's strange to consider that you have a daughter who's a grandma!

Of our 12 grandkids, seven are in their twenties; three married. It's amazing when even your grandchildren become adults....

14 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

We had 3 kids by 22 and two more by 28, so one payoff has been in grandkids. We had 6 of those by age 50; 12 total now.

We're 74 and just had our first great-grand; with two more on the way. It's strange to consider that you have a daughter who's a grandma!

Of our 12 grandkids, seven are in their twenties; three married. It's amazing when even your grandchildren become adults....

A blessing!!!

DDD; Like my dad used to say, you gotta figure out what is causing that and get it taken care of! Took him until had had 6 of his own before he figured it out.

@Singin' Sue 71615,

You may should have considered a different movie than

Snip-it_1648609043768.jpg.87bc487d194704432d7acce054279ce9.jpg

They will learn all the wrong ways to do things! :P

I'm in my 50s and still haven't had my own. I just keep helping raise other people's kids... :)

There is a perverse sense of enjoyment/revenge in taking the grand kids for the day, loading them up with sugar, and sending them back home with a drum kit.

As my granddad did for me, I now take #6 (age 5) to Dennys every Sunday morning.
Same as for me back then, we have a regular waitress who smiles and asks us, "the usual?"

Instead of a comic book in my time, #6 gets to play the kids One Armed Bandit (the claw machine) to see if he can pick up a prize.
I am hopeful he will remember this, as much as I remember when it was my time back then.

Archived