SASS Wire Forum

DAA Primafill

Buckshot Bear

DAA Primafill

One of these showed up yesterday, fantastic tool and can fill a Dillon primer tube in around 12 seconds.

Couldn't get it to work 100% to begin with, then I countersunk the aluminium Dillon tubes a little more and a light polish and now it works flawlessly.

20220329_122053.thumb.jpg.a78f877cb105e134b9c3db6dff13fb78.jpg

20220329_121022_resized.thumb.jpg.00735f1a566dcbe23b78a7a967cefda2.jpg

20220329_121048_resized.thumb.jpg.2b590bd7e63069a546ffa325931f2708.jpg

20220329_121016_resized.thumb.jpg.e99dcd226f3cedb593d056b8e11296c9.jpg

There is a little learning curve, but then they work well. I had a Dillon primer filler machine. These are much better at 1/4 the cost. And wasaaay better than pecking primers. 

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

There is a little learning curve, but then they work well. I had a Dillon primer filler machine. These are much better at 1/4 the cost. And wasaaay better than pecking primers. 

I used to like hunting and pecking, but it just got old after doing it so many times.

Hoss, for me I keep the primers over to the left like they show in the DAA vid and they just pour in then fine single file. For the price of this filler compared to the ones costing 6x more its a great little gadget.

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I used to like hunting and pecking, but it just got old after doing it so many times.

Hoss, for me I keep the primers over to the left like they show in the DAA vid and they just pour in then fine single file. For the price of this filler compared to the ones costing 6x more its a great little gadget.

That’s the trick. And have to put just the right amount of pressure on the lid. Too much and they bind up. Too little and the flip over! 

On 3/28/2022 at 10:27 PM, Hoss said:

I bought an XL 650 and a bunch of accessories from a pal a while back and one of the accessories was a Dillon primer tube filler. HATED it! Could not get it to work right and when it did work the 63rd primer would be upside down and my OCD brain had to start all over! :blush: so, I traded it for a MEC Jr! BEST trade I’ve ever made! Cowboy got the filler thing to work and I got a MEC! I don’t mind hunt and peck but at gonna look into this gadget! Thanks for sharing it!

Hugs!

Scarlett

36 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I bought an XL 650 and a bunch of accessories from a pal a while back and one of the accessories was a Dillon primer tube filler. HATED it! Could not get it to work right and when it did work the 63rd primer would be upside down and my OCD brain had to start all over! :blush: so, I traded it for a MEC Jr! BEST trade I’ve ever made! Cowboy got the filler thing to work and I got a MEC! I don’t mind hunt and peck but at gonna look into this gadget! Thanks for sharing it!

Hugs!

Scarlett

I've just been using it Scarlett and I really like it. Loads a tube in about 12 seconds. 

9 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Hugs!

Scarlett

You won’t be sorry. Biggest drawback is getting all the primers flipped the right way.  On a Lee plate with concentric rings a couple of shakes and they are good. The DAA primer fill has straight ridges, it will get about 90% of them, but I always wind up having to flip a few over by hand. But it’s a small price to pay! 

Saw this thread and ordered one this morning.

Archived