SASS Wire Forum

Some spring cleaning today

Utah Bob #35998

I need to get this place in some kind of order before I end up on one of those Hoarder shows. It’s been 6 months since I did much of anything.
Started small on my western wall alcove and un-cluttered it a bit.
Plus I took the extension cords for the Christmas lights out of the front yard. I’ll eventually get the lights off the little pine tree….eventually.
The den and spare bedroom are going to be a challenge.
Then the outside needs paint and some minor landscaping. And  I need a new porch.
I think I will leave the small Christmas tree up in the living room though. It’s cheery and It really ties the room together.;)

92CF1980-AF54-4440-A072-923E09852230.jpeg

8B1CBCFF-C278-4493-9455-A25D394F5DEC.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I need to get this place in some kind of order before I end up on one of those Hoarder shows. It’s been 6 months since I did much of anything.
Plus I took the extension cords for the Christmas lights out of the front yard. I’ll eventually get the lights off the little pine tree….eventually.
Then the outside needs paint and some minor landscaping. And  I need a new porch.
I think I will leave the small Christmas tree up in the living room though. It’s cheery and It really ties the room together.;)

3680A848-F278-48F7-B8D7-8C32D97D5096.jpeg

Nice job. I see you moved everything a bit to the right!:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Nice job. I see you moved everything a bit to the right!:ph34r:

I don’t know how two pics got posted. :wacko:

Fixed it

20 minutes ago, Dusty Wyatt said:

Nice collection of arrowheads. Did you find all of them on the Lazy Bob Ranch?

Yes

On 3/29/2022 at 7:21 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

What a fantastic alcove that is, enjoyed looking at each item.

Arrow heads are amazing.

55 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

What a fantastic alcove that is, enjoyed looking at each item.

Arrow heads are amazing.

Thanks. It makes my day when I find one. This is prime hunting time now with the ground still bare and the snow melted. 

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Thanks. It makes my day when I find one. This is prime hunting time now with the ground still bare and the snow melted. 

What a dream for me to find and pick up an Indian arrow head.

Hoping you have good pickings this Spring.

It appears that we were both at the 2005 Florida State match, The Last Stand. 

The collection of, well, everything is very nice. You a keen eye for photography and staging.

20220331_085503.jpg

17 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

@Utah Bob #35998

When you find an arrow head are they just lying there on the surface?

Some are, especially after a windstorm. That’s how I spotted the first one, top row 4th from the right. The black one next to it was lying on a big sandstone outcropping at the top of the ridge. Stood out like a sore thumb. After awhile I learned to spot them among other rock shards or just an edge sticking up a bit from the earth. There is very little local stone here suitable for lithics. They so they tend to have a color and texture different from the local stuff. Took me a long time to get good enough to pick them out. There are two spots, one on each side of the canyon where they made points and tools. There are thousands, maybe tens of thousands of chips and flakes from many years of chipping away. Sometimes I just sit in those spots and let my imagination go. They tell me most of the tribes here left around 900 years ago.

26 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Some are, especially after a windstorm. That’s how I spotted the first one, top row 4th from the right. The black one next to it was lying on a big sandstone outcropping at the top of the ridge. Stood out like a sore thumb. After awhile I learned to spot them among other rock shards or just an edge sticking up a bit from the earth. There is very little local stone here suitable for lithics. They so they tend to have a color and texture different from the local stuff. Took me a long time to get good enough to pick them out. There are two spots, one on each side of the canyon where they made points and tools. There are thousands, maybe tens of thousands of chips and flakes from many years of chipping away. Sometimes I just sit in those spots and let my imagination go. They tell me most of the tribes here left around 900 years ago.

Thanks....just amazing.

32 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Is the top left a Folsom Pt?  In the pic it looks fluted.  V. V. Nice display. 

No, it doesn’t appear to be a Folsom.

There is another area about 20x50 yards that contains a lot of pottery shards. I assume they tossed their broken pots there. The fella that used to live about 1/4 mile down the road said his sister found an intact pot with a rawhide cover filled with corn down in the canyon back under a rock outcrop.

7 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Probably a stupid question....but the larger ones are spear points?

Most probably knives and scrapers.

Archived