SASS Wire Forum

This day in History Barnum & Bailey

Rye Miles #13621

The museum in Sarasota is great.

Your link takes me to Facebook. To a page all about IT HAPPENED ON THIS DAY, but none of the happenings were on March 28th, and none of the happenings are about Barnum & Bailey.

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Your link takes me to Facebook. To a page all about IT HAPPENED ON THIS DAY, but none of the happenings were on March 28th, and none of the happenings are about Barnum & Bailey.

Maybe Ike went to the circus once. :blink::lol:

The Circus World Museum in Baraboo, Wisconsin is one of the largest depositories of all things circus.  Wagons, costumes, a history of all circus' and the largest library of circus posters in the world.  Baraboo is the original home of the Ringling Brothers and was their winter HQ for many years until they settled on Sarasota.  There are a number of homes the Ringlings built in Baraboo which are still standing and owned by private businesses/people.  the Ringlings are buried in the local cemetery.  Not much to note there but they did have some large mausoleums built to be entombed in, if you are into that.  The Ringlings later joined with Barnum and Bailey.  The Gollmar Brothers and Coleman Brothers also started their circuses in Baraboo but never reached the heights of the Ringling Brothers, Barnum, Bailey Circus.  The museum has a few live acts as a part of the program, a clown act, some small animals, a steam powered calliope (pronounced cal-e-ope) and a wagon rebuilding shop.  They used to do an elephant ride or a camel ride but I don't know if they still do with all the animal rights groups and their interventions.  Those animals may not be in their "native" environment but they are pampered.  Things you learn growing up in and around a small town.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I don’t know what’s up with that it works for me. You can always google it!

It seems to change each time I click on it. It’s saying Aug 21, 2020 right now. :blink:

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It seems to change each time I click on it. It’s saying Aug 21, 2020 right now. :blink:

Nothing like that for me!:blink:

Archived