SASS Wire Forum

Prayers please

Needle-Nose-Tom

So I'm not one to ask for much but I could use all the prayers I can get at this point. I have been trying to donate a part of my liver to my step dad. I have gone through all the tests this past year and was considered a good candidate. We had a date scheduled for February 7th a fitting date in my opinion it was my biological father's birthday which 10 year early I had donated one of my kidneys. He has since passed but lived long enough to meet a couple grandkids that I will forever be grateful for. That date got delayed unfortunately after a test for covid came up positive 48 hours before our surgery. Fast forward 6 weeks surgery scheduled for the 4th of April. This time around a west nile virus test was ordered and guess what I tested positive. In the middle of winter no mosquitoes that I no of here in TN and this. I am scheduled for two different tests at two different labs tomorrow to confirm or hopefully prove a false positive. If positive a minimum of 120 days before we could reschedule. My step dad needs this now, 120 days is too long. I believe the lord is in control and knows all. I am a blessed man living a life I know I don't deserve. I also fully believe in prayer and it's power. 

Praying here

:(  You will be in my thoughts.

Prayers for you and your Step-Father heading south from this side of the Medicine Line.

You are a good and generous man.

Thank you all for your prayers, heading out now for testing. I will keep ya'll informed. Testing could take a few days to come back and with the surgery scheduled for next Monday there's not a moment to spare. 

One more prayer couldn’t hurt!

Well an unfortunate update as I did indeed get West Nile virus at some point last month. Two different test came back positive this time and there is no doubt. All I can do is stay positive, no pun intend at this point and realize it is a blessing they caught this before surgery. While I can't pass this along like a cold or flu it is transmitted through blood or organ donation. With my step dad on immune suppressing medicine it could have gone bad quick. The Lord knows best. We will regroup and try again. Another good thing is it may not be delayed all that long. Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. 

Well I think instead of catching a plane to Dallas for surgery tomorrow I'm going to get my gear together and make my 1st Wartrace Regulators match. I've been wanting to for a while, I'm sure it will cheer me up. 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE. Surgery was yesterday and the doctors and surgeons for both my step Dad And I said it couldn't have gone any smoother. We are both recovering well aside from some pain that was to be expected. Hoping to be out of the hospital by the 1st of next week and his new liver takes without rejection. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. God is so good, what a blessing he has given us. 

Well Done Sir!

My prayers for the prompt recovery of you and your stepdad.

Blessings+

Praying for you both!

Update. Both of us were discharged from the hospital yesterday and the docs couldn't be happier with the way it is all going. I am so happy and my step dad looks like a new man already!! We will be staying close to Dallas for a few weeks for check ups. Hopefully I can get home to my family in TN within a month. I miss them something awful. Thank you all, prayer is so powerful. 

Archived