SASS Wire Forum

Southwest Regional “Hell on the Border

Red Rider Rudy

It was fun! The banquet was, in my hubby’s opinion, the best one he’d been to in a long time! Really fun and BEAUTIFUL Buckles for champions and runners up, too! 

hugs!

Scarlett

It was a great match, Nail Driver and the boys did their club proud! And the banquet and awards ceremony was as Scarlett says, already looking forward to next year!

Just now, Silver Creek Jack said:

It was a great match, Nail Driver and the boys did their club proud! And the banquet and awards ceremony was as Scarlett says, already looking forward to next year!

Don’t know why my above comment was all under lined, must be gremlins.

Yes!  Fantastic match hosted and attended by fantastic people.

The scenarios, while different, were very shootable after I got them straight in my head.

Black powder first stage of the morning was BRUTAL!!!  But still fun. B)

I highly recommend this match as it was excellent all the way through.

10 minutes ago, Snake Oil George said:

Good job Matt black mens overall

He loved shooting those 7.5” octagon barrel Vaqueros at this match you built for me a couple years ago! It was great seeing you as always. 

FA8E7271-8162-4BD4-BAAA-40B6E7C6432D.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

He loved shooting those 7.5” octagon barrel Vaqueros at this match you built for me a couple years ago! It was great seeing you as always. 

FA8E7271-8162-4BD4-BAAA-40B6E7C6432D.jpeg

All 3 of them graduated from the Hells Comin school of Cowboy ACTION shooting. 

Well done Dylan!

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

All 3 of them graduated from the Hells Comin school of Cowboy ACTION shooting. 

Well done Dylan!

And SOG and Judy get to set on back porch and watch these three duel it out sometimes.  What a top three threesome.

2 hours ago, Shotglass 17153 said:

Awesome match. Highly recommended for next year.:wub:

And I remember you saying as you came off line Saturday morning..."I hate black powder"!

Congratulation Champion...who hates black powder.

4 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

And I remember you saying as you came off line Saturday morning..."I hate black powder"!

Congratulation Champion...who hates black powder.

Billy, on stage 9&10  Saturday morning those of us that were shooting black powder all hated it,  Lol!

2 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Billy, on stage 9&10  Saturday morning those of us that were shooting black powder all hated it,  Lol!

6 and 7 looked bad enough for the BP shooters when we started too.  I could see Shirttail Bess struggling on 6 and our BP shooter was trying to see thru hole in state target and the razorback on 7.  So glad I chose not to shoot bp for a change.  

13 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

6 and 7 looked bad enough for the BP shooters when we started too.  I could see Shirttail Bess struggling on 6 and our BP shooter was trying to see thru hole in state target and the razorback on 7.  So glad I chose not to shoot bp for a change.  

That first stage Saturday morning was B A D!  But, also, fun!

Hell on the Border was a very fun shoot to be part of.

Naildriver and the many others worked very hard to run their first regional .

the stages were different but fun to shoot. None of the targets were set at too far of a distance but you did need to look at the front sight.No reason anyone could not have shot clean except for our own fault.

The banquet was at the state fair grounds and was a nice catered meal. The awards ceremony moved right along. Holy Smoke Harmon my posse marshal was also the club spokesperson for the safety meeting and the banquet. 
I am sure that the club will improve on the great job they did this year.

Saturday morning I was shooting frontiersmen class. Facing the sun with no wind. After the first round left the barrel the targets were obscured in smoke. It was great!

will make plans for 2023

Archived