SASS Wire Forum

Previous National (Winter Range) and EOT scores

Sedalia Dave

5 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I was able to see EOT scores 2015-2021 (except 2019 wouldn't show up) on this link.

https://sassnet.com/EoT/results.php

I wasn't able to get any Winter Range scores.

Randy

Where did you find that link?  

IIRC EOT 2019 was never held due to covid

11 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Where did you find that link?  

IIRC EOT 2019 was never held due to covid

I googled EOT Scores. I shot EOT 2019, EOT 2020 was not held due to Covid.

Randy 

3 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

They declined to continue paying the hosting bill.

Not quite they just haven't decided yet if the site was still necessary.  It wasn't getting visited that much.    Additionally the software that I used to create and maintain the site was abandoned by the software company (It's called Serif WebPlus X8 ) They may decide to bring it back up or they may decide to port the info over to the new site at some point. 

15 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Not quite they just haven't decided yet if the site was still necessary.  It wasn't getting visited that much.    Additionally the software that I used to create and maintain the site was abandoned by the software company (It's called Serif WebPlus X8 ) They may decide to bring it back up or they may decide to port the info over to the new site at some point. 

So, you're continuing to pay hosting fees to an organization that you no longer have a contract with?

If anyone is interested there is some information on the wayback machine for Winter Range.

You can wade through the pdfs and get the scores by category and overall for several years.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://winterrange.com/*

Remember....Don't put anything on the internet that you don't want to see later.....

Vic

56 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

So, you're continuing to pay hosting fees to an organization that you no longer have a contract with?

I'm confused as to what you are attempting to get at.  Are you using the corporate "you" i.e. Rough Riders?  or me.  I felt I was pretty clear.  Go Daddy hosts the website.  The contract with them expired in early March.  WR paid a 5 year fee two years ago to Network Solutions for the domain name.  The board which meet at some point to discuss the match, will decide if they want to continue to have a Winterrange.com website since there is no more winterrange.  So what contract are you referring to?  and what organization?

2 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

I felt I was pretty clear.  Go Daddy hosts the website. 

3 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

So what contract are you referring to? 

Back here you said, "The contract with Go Daddy hosting for the website ran out."

3 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Back here you said, "The contract with Go Daddy hosting for the website ran out."

Yes it was a yearly contract.  So what are you concerned about?  What payment are we making ?

Just now, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

What payment are we making ?

Or not making, in this case. While the organization still own the domain name, a decision was made to no longer pay for hosting the website.

I'm really starting see what Phantom was talking about.

Just now, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Or not making, in this case. While the organization still own the domain name, a decision was made to no longer pay for hosting the website.

I'm really starting see what Phantom was talking about.

Hi Troll

6 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Hi Troll

See, back to the name calling again.

I would expect middle schoolers to have better come backs than this. What do you want me to come back with, "I know you are but what am I?"

If anyone is trolling here, you best look in the mirror. I stated a fact based on what you previously posted. Folks cannot reach the website because a decision was made to not renew the contract and stop paying the bill.

You just came back to tell me how I was wrong, but then get to the point that you see that I am not.

All the rest of the backstory about why the decision was made and the antiquated software that was used to maintain it are great and all, but the person who wants to simply look at the scores does not care.

I really don't care about all the hoopla about licensing, just like to see some old scores in matches I shot in. The same people now host EOT, why can't they put the old WR scores there with a link to them.\?

17 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I really don't care about all the hoopla about licensing, just like to see some old scores in matches I shot in. The same people now host EOT, why can't they put the old WR scores there with a link to them.\?

Art and I are discussing that very thing. 

On 3/27/2022 at 11:20 AM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I was able to see EOT scores 2015-2021 (except 2019 wouldn't show up) on this link.

https://sassnet.com/EoT/results.php

I wasn't able to get any Winter Range scores.

Randy

Thank you for posting this link. The page is still active for EOT scores- but we'll have to reach out to the AZ TRR  and request back years' scores from Winter Range. 

Misty

2 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Thank you for posting this link. The page is still active for EOT scores- but we'll have to reach out to the AZ TRR  and request back years' scores from Winter Range. 

Misty

Misty, I don't know why but I can't get 2019 to open on this link? The others open.

Thanks

Randy

5 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Misty

1 minute ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Misty, I don't know why but I can't get 2019 to open on this link? The others open.

Thanks

Randy

@Misty Moonshine, let your developer know that there is a typo in the code that is preventing 2019 from being displayed

They need to remove the following (located between 2019 and 2021 results) from the source code.

<h1><a href="

Just now, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

@Misty Moonshine, let your developer know that there is a typo in the code that is preventing 2019 from being displayed

They need to remove the following (located between 2019 and 2021 results) from the source code.

<h1><a href="

Thanks - we'll take care of it. 

On 3/27/2022 at 7:33 PM, Yellowstone Vic SASS#32968 said:

If anyone is interested there is some information on the wayback machine for Winter Range.

You can wade through the pdfs and get the scores by category and overall for several years.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://winterrange.com/*

Remember....Don't put anything on the internet that you don't want to see later.....

Vic

The past Winter Range scores were up pre-EOT 2022, but not sure when they were taken down. I tried the wayback archive website a week or two ago and when I clicked on a few date changes, I still couldn't get to the scores.

On 3/28/2022 at 3:46 PM, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Art and I are discussing that very thing. 

Any chance you could pull down the past Winter Range PDF files from the hosting provider? Did anyone save/download (back up) the previous WR site prior to the hosting service expiring. Perhaps the past WR PDF score files can be uploaded somewhere else, even if it's just a page on endoftriail.org site.

2 hours ago, Shamrock Sadie said:

Any chance you could pull down the past Winter Range PDF files from the hosting provider? Did anyone save/download (back up) the previous WR site prior to the hosting service expiring. Perhaps the past WR PDF score files can be uploaded somewhere else, even if it's just a page on endoftriail.org site.

I have the site on my PC - nothing is lost.  It's just up to the board when they meet if they want to spend cash to bring the old site up or create a drop down on the new site or both.  Art is investigating which will be the case.

25 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

I have the site on my PC - nothing is lost.  It's just up to the board when they meet if they want to spend cash to bring the old site up or create a drop down on the new site or both.  Art is investigating which will be the case.

Could the files be uploaded for free to the Winter Range facebook page?  Our club posts scores in pdf form there.

I’ll work on a page that shows the past WR scores; it’ll be on the EOT.org site. But…it’ll be a few weeks; I’m nowhere near home…:)

4E5B7196-0B78-4826-9939-F53BCD646C8B.thumb.jpeg.6ca213216f61489f2d7e298f1a717165.jpeg

Thanks,

Sarival Slim

Archived