SASS Wire Forum

Ahh! I see it’s time

Utah Bob #35998

Time to book my trip on thee Durango Silverton train. I shall book a seat in the Nomad car and travel in style. I believe there’s some Pinkerton work to be done up the line. And I’m the man for the job! ;)

A27B6193-8349-4687-99F6-A0C359E57CFB.jpeg

Fine looking hat.

Bravo, Sir! You look outstanding!

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

You wear that watch in the right pocket or the left?

The right. Why?

Generally people dressing "old west fancy" seem to keep their watch in their left pocket. Have a fob of some kind in the right pocket and the chain going through the buttonhole on the vest and looping across the belly with the watch in the left pocket.

But something about the way you were standing just made me think that you had it in your right pocket. So I asked, to see if my impression was correct.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Generally people dressing "old west fancy" seem to keep their watch in their left pocket. Have a fob of some kind in the right pocket and the chain going through the buttonhole on the vest and looping across the belly with the watch in the left pocket.

But something about the way you were standing just made me think that you had it in your right pocket. So I asked, to see if my impression was correct.

Mine is is a single Albert chain with a crystal spinner drop. Seeing as it’s a hunter case it’s easiest to open with the right hand so keeping it in my left pocket would be a little awkward for me. Not so much with one of my open face watches. Besides I’m amazingly clumsy with my left hand. :blush: 

https://www.acsilver.co.uk/shop/pc/Albert-Watch-Chain-History-d262.htm

56F1B126-446F-4F53-915F-A11C14C59456.jpeg

Lived in Silverton for a while as a kid. Used to watch the train come in, they would stage a gunfight in the Old Town and us kids would go down and harass the bad guys until they got shot. Great fun!

Archived