SASS Wire Forum

FedEx & firearms

I boxed up a rifle to send out, drove all the way into town to the FedEx hub, and the gal said, "We don't do that anymore. You have to go online, enter your account info, shipping information, blah, blah, blah, and print out your own label". 

"Ok... then what?"

"Then bring it in here and we ship it."

"You just told me you don't do that anymore..."

"We still ship firearms, but you have to do the data entry and print out the label yourself."

"...?... I'm already here... "

"Yes, but you have to go home, go to our website, enter your shipping information, and print your own label."

WTH...?

I drove all the way back out here, and have been at this for over an hour, two calls to customer service because their website says my account needs to be updated - I finally had to just hang up on the second one because she was Filipino or Indonesian or somesuch and I couldn't understand what she was saying. 

The UPS hub is only open from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, so I guess I'll kick around here for another hour or so, then head back into town. :(

Actually had a good experience sending a gun back to CZ using FedEx.  I did have to print out the label, of course my regular printer went toes up so I had to print the label on my photography printer.  Walked in with the box the label and the letter from CZ.  Asked a question about insurance (they self insure on returns) was in and out with receipt  with tracking number in hand in just a few minutes.  Apparently if you use cell phones (I do not)  you can scan a little block code and FedEx is supposed print the label using that.  CZ had the gun in two days.

After a FedEx employee was caught recently stealing guns from a shipment in their care and due to their RIDICULOUS fees and such, I will no longer employ their services!!

They are the least reliable, the most expensive, and the slowest in my recent experience!!

46 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

After a FedEx employee was caught recently stealing guns from a shipment in their care and due to their RIDICULOUS fees and such, I will no longer employ their services!!

They are the least reliable, the most expensive, and the slowest in my recent experience!!

Guns are stolen from UPS too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/about-400-guns-stolen-ups-facility-tennessee-n915791

Just now, sassnetguy50 said:

I try to avoid using them too!!  

For the most part, I’ve had the best service and the quickest delivery from USPS!

I always use my LGS.  They give me the FFL paperwork and I can ship handguns or long guns through USPS.

FedEx & UPS have screwed up for me at one time or another. I have not and will not use USPS for firearms shipments. If they won’t ship handguns they won’t ship my long guns. **** ‘em!
I could spend the next hour typing everything these carriers have screwed up on but just when I think all is lost they miraculously come through. 
Shipping firearms isn’t just for buying and selling either. I ship firearms mostly for repairs. 

I go with the carrier that gives me the least grief. 

For me, that would be UPS. 

At least, the last time I talked to a UPS rep. she was an American that I could understand. 

I blame upper management for everything. They set the rules, and the tone of the company. Most seem to be inept. 

Most?  I haven't found anyone in FedEx, UPS, or USPS in years who is "ept".  MY favorite gunsmith runs the Gunsmithy at Gunsite Academy in Paulden, AZ, a short 30 miles away, and he only charges $25.00 for the service plus actual costs.

It's worth every cent.  In seven years I've had no problems at all and he usually get it all done in less time than anyone else.

Not a particular fan of FedEx , but CZ picked it.  The woman that processed my package the other day was professional, squared away and got things done cheerfully without a wasted motion.  No way the transaction could have been better.  That was at their Billings MT center.  Credit where credit is due.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:47 PM, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

All of this tells me to find local buyer and sell and tranfer at local gun store.

Why spend all the effort to sell other than locally.

If I could only sell to local buyers , I would never sell anything. Not that much traffic among the population.

But that is just how it is here. Where you live  it might be a great plan.

Rex :D

if we only dealt local that would really limit the options one might find available , our free country should not have so many restrictions , JMHO but our constitution , amendments and BORs should guarantee that , i get it we no longer have the rightsa but im wondering a little when we might ask WHY 

Archived