SASS Wire Forum

Primers at Target Sports USA

1 hour ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Saw today Target Sports USA has a variety of primers available, including Federal.  Not cheap by any means but available.  Allowing up to  50,000 to be bought.

50k per order is not exactly "spreading the wealth". That sounds like a swarm of hoarders, hopefully not scalpers. But then again we shouldn't quarrel over primers, but who needs 50 bricks at a time? Bringing them to a match to distribute is very cool though.

At these prices it does make it more difficult for flippers to be able to buy them and raise the price significantly for resale. There have been a lot of primers available in this price range but only allowing you to ourchase a couple thousand. 

26 minutes ago, Roscoe Regulator said:

50k per order is not exactly "spreading the wealth". That sounds like a swarm of hoarders, hopefully not scalpers. But then again we shouldn't quarrel over primers, but who needs 50 bricks at a time? Bringing them to a match to distribute is very cool though.

Shooters, especially those who compete, can shoot quite a few rounds in a years time. Particularly those who are really working on improving. The shooters who want to have 50,000+ primers on hand are those who didn't want to be held hostage by either not being able to get primers at all or to not have to pay $500+ for a thousand primers vs stocking up at $150. 

There are however people who don't shoot much that look for ways to profit (22 rimfire ammo, powder, primers, etc.).

Local sporting store had Federal SP yester for $6.99   Sent picture to a few friends.   One asked to buy for him.  He will get primers AND receipt.     GW

Seems to be getting better .  I still am wondering  so many shooters did not think ahead. This has happened many times in the past.:blink:

2 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Shooters, especially those who compete, can shoot quite a few rounds in a years time. Particularly those who are really working on improving. The shooters who want to have 50,000+ primers on hand are those who didn't want to be held hostage by either not being able to get primers at all or to not have to pay $500+ for a thousand primers vs stocking up at $150. 

There are however people who don't shoot much that look for ways to profit (22 rimfire ammo, powder, primers, etc.).

I agree.  I try to keep about 12 cases of shotgun on hand at any given time and keep my total of loaded ammo and primers from falling below 30,000, usually somewhere between 30k and 40k.   That's partly because there are three of us shooting and partly so I don't get held hostage, as you mentioned.

In this case, thanks to @Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 I picked up 5K, just to keep stocked.

They say free shipping, but is there still hazmat and tax?

When Natchez gets primers (mostly CCI lately) their limit is 5K, and with shipping, hazmat, and tax, came to right at $100/K.  But hey, if you gotta have Federals, well, pay once and cry once!  

Free shipping but you still pay hazmat and sales tax.  They aren't quick on shipping either.  Yesterday I finally received the primers I ordered Feb 28th. 

2 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

In my previous post I mentioned $500+ for a thousand primers vs $150. I intended that to be about the current offerings for 5 thousand primers not 1 thousand

Yeah, it they were $500/K then we would be transitioning to Cowboy Action Rock Throwing.

Archived