SASS Wire Forum

2022 EOT TG Minutes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2022 at 1:08 PM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

For those interested in reading about the 2022 SASS EOT TG Meeting, I see that they are posted online:

http://www.oowss.com/_RO_ Corner/TG Minutes EOT 2022.pdf

Link is not working now 

OLG 

Just now, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Link is not working now 

OLG 

Worked for me a second ago.

Here are the guts if it is still not working for you

Territorial Governor’s Meeting
END of TRAIL 2022
March 3, 2022
Meeting Minutes
In Attendance:
62 Territorial Governors
ROC Members Present: Blackjack Zak, Sassy Dancer, Deuce Stevens, Red River Wrangler
SASS Board Present: C.C. Top, Santa Fe River Stan, Coffee, Flat Top Okie, Razorback Red,
Misty Moonshine
Start- Introductions & Welcome from Blackjack Zak, Chairman of the RO Committee.

Discussion Topics:

Item #1: New Blackpowder SASS Standard
Open discussion surrounding the availability of GOEX powder. The goal is not to lower the BP
standard, but to make available several load options with various powders due to the scarcity of
GOEX powder. Discussion surrounding .32 caliber being addressed as well.
Action Item: The RO Committee will coordinate the production of several sample rounds
with varied powders and bullets. Experiments will be done to determine possible
configurations of a new BP standard. The ROC will then work with SASS to establish the
verbiage and standard guideline. The item will then return to the TG Body with the
results of the experiment to vote on the change once the data is collected.

Item #2: Legalizing the 93/97
Open discussion surrounding the proposed legalization of the 93/97 shotgun. A historical
perspective was presented. 200 of these firearms were imported. Competitive advantage? Some
concerns that the legalization would snowball into others opening up the port of a ’97 to “match”
it. It was determined there is no competitive advantage to the 93/97. Even so, it was voted that
due to the limited availability and the “can of worms” perspective, the attending TG’s declined to
pursue moving the topic to the TG body for a vote.
No Action.

Item #3: Shooting Gunfighter style in Age based categories
Similar to the current ability to shoot Gunfighter in B-Western, a discussion was had regarding
the allowance of shooting Gunfighter in the Age based categories as well. (ie: Junior, Wrangler,
49er, Senior, etc.) – the discussion split into several questions to consider:
-
Allowing it in all categories
: Discussion around weakening the integrity of the GF category-
possibly deeming it irrelevant.
OR
-
Allowing it in Junior category (not Buckaroo/Buckarette – Junior Girl/Junior Boy only):
To
provide a nurturing and encouraging environment for Junior shooters while they are
“coming into their own” and could possibly be allowed to shoot numerous shooting styles
within the Junior category. Discussion surrounding safety -additional safety supervision is
already in place by the parent/guardian- as well as fellow shooters at the Junior Shooter
level. Allowing it in the Junior category would also eliminate the expansion of current

Shooting style categories to include (protected) Junior categories in the shooting style
categories; causing strain on sanctioned matches and match producers with an already full
category listing.

Action Item: The RO Committee will coordinate with SASS officials to establish the
proposed verbiage and present the item to the TG body for a vote.

Item #4: Making .22 caliber an “official” category
This item has been discussed/presented previously and is already encouraged/recognized at the
local level.
No action.

Item #5: Proposal to remove the verbiage “to avoid a penalty” from the de-cocking
verbiage in the Shooters Handbook. (ie: “De-cocking to avoid a penalty…”)
The proposal was discussed and it was determined that there is no need to remove this verbiage;
in fact, it is not contradictory at all and has been a longstanding descriptive.

Item #6: SHB/Pocket RO Card corrections
There will be a new version of the SASS Shooters Handbook coming soon- the only edit that is
being done is a correction to the Pocket RO card. Two items have somehow made their way off the
Pocket RO card in the last few years edits. Simply adding back two items (empty casing on the
carrier verbiage and dry firing penalty to include both loading and unloading tables)

OPEN DISCUSSION/TG Questions & Topics:

1- Texas Jack Daniels asked for clarification re: who the “new” Wild Bunch are and
who owns SASS.
Misty Moonshine explained the history of the ownership of SASS and the retirement of the
Wild Bunch (shareholders/owners). She explained that the Wild Bunch name was retired
with those shareholders and that the succession of SASS with their retirement was
accomplished as a standard corporate stock redemption. Misty, having been the Wild Bunch
member that did not retire, is now the sole owner of SASS. There are no outside investors
and no other shareholders. The new SASS Board is an Advisory Board and have no
ownership in SASS.

2- Website Update:
Misty Moonshine presented an update on the new SASS website and
presented it in its current state (on an iPad) for everyone to see. A projected launch date of
the new SASS website is set for April 2022.

3- Clarifications Archive:
There was some discussion about the accessibility of and
incorporation of rule clarifications into the rule books. After a brief discussion, it was
determined that the clarifications are simply explanations of the rule(s) in question and
don’t warrant inclusion in the book. However- it was decided that should an item be
identified as needing clarification often, action should be taken to evaluate the verbiage of
the rule in question and edits made to make it easier to understand and eliminate the need
for constant clarification.

MEETING ADJOURNED

20 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Thank you Branchwater Jack :excl:

I have no clue why the link would not open for me.

OLG 

Does the link to the notes on their source page http://www.oowss.com/ROCornerIndex.htm work for you?

1. 1-  Texas Jack Daniels asked for clarification re: who the new Wild Bunch are and who owns SASS.
    Misty Moonshine explained the history of the ownership of SASS and the retirement of the Wild Bunch (shareholders/owners). She explained that the Wild Bunch name was retired with those shareholders and that the succession of SASS with their retirement was accomplished as a standard corporate stock redemption. Misty, having been the Wild Bunch member that did not retire, is now the sole owner of SASS. There are no outside investors and no other shareholders. The new SASS Board is an Advisory Board and have no ownership in SASS.

So what are the next steps in this process? 

58 minutes ago, Houston CAS said:

So what are the next steps in this process? 

We all keep shooting and work towards bringing in new members..

6 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Thank you Branchwater Jack :excl:

I have no clue why the link would not open for me.

OLG 

Wouldn't open on my phone, I think due to it being a PDF file.

13 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Why do you think the burden should fall on us?

It shouldn't but then SASS has never been all that good at promoting the organization and expects the local volunteers to fuel it's profits.

8 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Discussion around weakening the integrity of the GF category-
possibly deeming it irrelevant.

Can somebody tell me if the inclusion of duelist shooters in age-based categories weakened the integrity of the Duelist categories, or how it made them irrelevant?

And, if it didn't, how can the inclusion of gunfighters into age-based categories be different?

Just now, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

It could be the lizard people.

That made me grin:D Thanks

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

A point that someone asked me the other day, and, in a way is akin to your question...

Is the TG system still viable, relavant, or even necessary at the present time?

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Who else would you have do it?  Trying to bring in new members, is not a “burden” for me or the other cowboys that recruit often with local publications for handouts and lots of face to face with others. Do we need some additional tools, you bet; I think Misty is already on it. 

5 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Uhhhh...

SASS maybe?

But let me know if you and your friends would like to volunteer for my "for profit" company;)

If what your profit company does will bring me as much pleasure as I enjoy from SASS then sign me up. 

And the word that comes to my mind is bitter 

1 hour ago, Dungannon Gunner said:

Who else would you have do it?  Trying to bring in new members, is not a “burden” for me or the other cowboys that recruit often with local publications for handouts and lots of face to face with others. Do we need some additional tools, you bet; I think Misty is already on it. 

We keep watching and watching and watching for it.  

51 minutes ago, Dungannon Gunner said:

If what your profit company does will bring me as much pleasure as I enjoy from SASS then sign me up. 

Few for-profit stores or businesses ask their customers to volunteer to get their work accomplished to make their profits.   And if they did, the customers would scoff at them and tell them to hire some employees. The response would be the same regardless of how wonderful their products might be or might someday become.  If it's a great future for a good product, and you need labor, you usually can find investors to pay the freight---- if you want them.  

40 minutes ago, Dungannon Gunner said:

And the word that comes to my mind is bitter 

You are enabling SASS to continue to put a heavy burden on the shooter population... Now feel free to tell me how I'm " bitter".

Looking forward to your response.

Phantom

13 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You are enabling SASS to continue to put a heavy burden on the shooter population... Now feel free to tell me how I'm " bitter".

Looking forward to your response.

Phantom

I think you answered your own question. Happy trails!

I find the reasoning for not going forward on legalizing the 93/97 rather convoluted.   It's too weak to call it weak.   They admit there's no advantage, and then offer the excuse that they are rare.  Lots of guns are rare.  Why is that a disqualifier?  People with regular 97's will modify them to look like 93's?   Well, on the one hand, if there's no advantage, so what?   But even simpler would be to say you can't so modify a 97.

I guess for some reason that opposition to the 93/97 is too "ingrained" to reconsider it.

Full disclosure:  I have a 93/97.   But even if it were legalized, I'd not use it; it has a 20" barrel, and I prefer long barrels.  I just favor the inclusion of the gun generically.  

Just now, Dungannon Gunner said:

I think you answered your own question. Happy trails!

See folks, I post why I think a certain behavior is enabling... Yet this is the response in support of this person calling be bitter.

If I'm coming across as bitter, show me how... Can't you do that??? They are YOUR words.

Phantom

Archived