SASS Wire Forum

Name Tags at Matches with small print are useless

T-Square

11 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Who made a personal insult? Nothing I read could have been construed as a personal insult to you. JMO

I think he insulted himself with his steadfast refusal to wear a name badge at match. JMHO

10 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Who made a personal insult? Nothing I read could have been construed as a personal insult to you. JMO

Gimme a break - And we have a fine fellow and a "giver of the laws"  liking his screed.  

Yes, wearing a name badge at a voluntary participation event is EXACTLY the same as patronizing anti gun businesses.

And you know, (whispering), the Democrats put tracking chips and hormones in the name badges that migrate into your bloodstream. 

Which eventually cause you to become a liberal and begin to transition.

You have figured out the secrets to the SASS shooting events and conspiracy.

Make sure you line your cowboy hat with tinfoil so the Lizard people can't read your mind and realize you're on to them.

As my dear departed mother in law used to say - Scroom!

1 minute ago, Rip Snorter said:

Gimme a break - And we have a fine fellow and a "giver of the laws"  liking his screed.  

Yes, wearing a name badge at a voluntary participation event is EXACTLY the same as patronizing anti gun businesses.

And you know, (whispering), the Democrats put tracking chips and hormones in the name badges that migrate into your bloodstream. 

Make sure you line your cowboy hat with tinfoil so the Lizard people can't read your mind and realize you're on to them.

Think about it Rip Snorter, ya kinda asked for it.

1 minute ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Think about it Rip Snorter, ya kinda asked for it.

I have never been afraid to state my opinion and in a variety of places an S load scarier and more up close and personal than the internet. The interesting thing will be to see if this is an ethical site.  I am a Moderator and Administrator on other sites.

39 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I posted a response, mild, and it vanished.  I'll blame that on a new computer I haven't completely figured out.  Since for whatever reason that is gone, I reported a personal insult. I'm interested to see what happens, since the offender obviously supports the "party line". Really irrelevant since I'm not fond of crowds and have no plans to attend big matches.

Might want to blame it on the content of your post.

31 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Give me a break. Wearing a name tag is nothing like patronizing a anti-gun business. Never will be no matter what spin you try and put on it. Heck name tags are a good thing so people know who is who. 

And lets get for real. If you have such thin skin that , that post hurt your feelings maybe you need to reconsider being on a public forum. Hell I sure hope the feller from across town doesn't say anything to you your feelings are sure going to be hurt. Never mind he was nice to ya.

As we say as a Marine....."Suck it up buttercup!"

25 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I have never been afraid to state my opinion and in a variety of places an S load scarier and more up close and personal than the internet. The interesting thing will be to see if this is an ethical site.  I am a Moderator and Administrator on other sites.

Do you mean ethical or a site that trys to be PC and censors every little thing said if someone doesn't agree with it.

I don't understand why wearing a nametag is so controversial. The majority of SASS shooters have their alias and SASS numbers emblazoned on their gun belts, hatbands, gun carts, rifle stocks, buckles, and countless other do-dads hanging on their person.

32 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I don't understand why wearing a nametag is so controversial. The majority of SASS shooters have their alias and SASS numbers emblazoned on their gun belts, hatbands, gun carts, rifle stocks, buckles, and countless other do-dads hanging on their person.

Maybe "some" are unpleasant internet blowhards and would prefer no one knows who they are?

Or they think that "compliance" is encroachment on their rugged individualism? 

Afterall - its starts with name badges, but then it's men hugging other men, having drinks around the campfire after dark - and the next thing you know; it's long soapy showers in the RV park, cats and dogs sleeping together, pillars of salts, Sodom and Gomorrah...  

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

9 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Maybe "some" are unpleasant internet blowhards and would prefer no one knows who they are?

Or they think that "compliance" is encroachment on their rugged individualism? 

Afterall - its starts with name badges, but then it's men hugging other men, having drinks around the campfire after dark - and the next thing you know; it's long soapy showers in the RV park, cats and dogs sleeping together, pillars of salts, Sodom and Gomorrah...  

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

I posted a response, mild, and it vanished.  I'll blame that on a new computer I haven't completely figured out.  Since for whatever reason that is gone, I reported a personal insult. I'm interested to see what happens, since the offender obviously supports the "party line". Really irrelevant since I'm not fond of crowds and have no plans to attend big matches.

Sort of interesting that in your "mild" response, you told someone to kiss your 4$$, and now you are trying to play the victim.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:26 PM, T-Square said:

Just wanted to share an observation about name tags / badges at major matches.

The shooter "alias" should be the largest text on the name tag - that's why we have "Name Tags".

That is all.

Dang!  I didn't get to meet you at the FL State Match!   

Just wanted to point out that some folk's names are so long that they'd need a billboard if it were writ large.

3 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Make sure you line your cowboy hat with tinfoil

I must say, I'm shocked. No, SHOCKED! Shocked, and dismayed to learn that you would joke about such a thing. That's the only way I can put it.

For I have it under good authority that Reynolds heavy duty aluminum foil is the preferred medium of many of the top gun shooters around the country. Matter of fact, you'll find it for sale a lot of times on vendor row.

Something about helping them direct their energy and ensuring that they have fewer misses.

Or something like that.

:lol:

16 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Just wanted to point out that some folk's names are so long that they'd need a billboard if it were writ large.

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that the layout for the badge in whatever software is used to create it, there is a window of area for the name that is however big you want to make it.  Then the software makes the font whatever size it needs to be for each alias to be able to fit in that window.   Probably with an option to use more than one line. 

14 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I must say, I'm shocked. No, SHOCKED! Shocked, and dismayed to learn that you would joke about such a thing. That's the only way I can put it.

For I have it under good authority that Reynolds heavy duty aluminum foil is the preferred medium of many of the top gun shooters around the country. Matter of fact, you'll find it for sale a lot of times on vendor row.

Something about helping them direct their energy and ensuring that they have fewer misses.

Or something like that.

:lol:

Aluminum foil wont block the Lizard people.

It has to be tinfoil - the aluminum foil myth was started by Big Illuminati from their base on the icy edge of the flat earth just to confuse people.

I've seen you at the ritual meetings wherein we slather the thirteen sacred AA shotshells with scented hand sanitizer to ensure their purity - while chanting "Don't fence me in" and sparking our spurs on the ground.

So you should know better.

1 minute ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Aluminum foil wont block the Lizard people.

It has to be tinfoil - the aluminum foil myth was started by Big Illuminati from their base on the icy edge of the flat earth just to confuse people.

I've seen you at the ritual meetings wherein we slather the thirteen sacred AA shotshells with scented hand sanitizer to ensure their purity - while chanting "Don't fence me in" and sparking our spurs on the ground.

So you should know better.

Well there you went and done it. I'm  just glad you didn't go ahead and gave away our secret handshake too.

And then the secret passwords. I bet we're going to have to change them now.

I am against the no badge policy! The way it is now I can stare for quite some time at a cowgirl’s badge to access her name before saying hello to her.:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, McCandless said:

My Apologies McCandless for missing you. 

I literally flew-in from Madison Wisconsin on Thursday night, and back to Atlanta on Saturday after lunch.  My industry is very busy, racing against future interest rate hikes and commodity prices, before the bubble bursts.  Let's hope we can just last until the mid-terms.

See you on down the trail !

Taz at Klassic Laser Works does our badges. He makes sure the longest name fits and goes from there. They always seem readable to me. I have never had anyone refuse to wear one or bitch about it either.

14 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Dam' it's nice to know friends but better to know the others...

We're not the enemy RS, it's just not that hard to wear a name badge and allow folks to know who the heck you are. Besides, it's an Alias, no one will know who you really are!

16 hours ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

A real pet peeve of mine!   At EOT last years, saw a number of shooters I know and have shot with but

had not seen them for a year or two ....or three.   It sure would have been nice if their name was

big enough to see.     But it was not to be.   All kinds of other information on the name tag and name

just too small to see.   After all, it is a NAME tag.

Maybe you couldn't read the tag because of all the water running down your face from the rain.

Speaking of name badges, I made 4 nearby annuals last year, and all the badges (and some of the awards) were wood.   I guess that must be a cost saver, plus lets you get whatever shape you want.  When I started, annuals usually gave you a leather badge of one shape or another with a little leather cord on it, and handed you a sharpie to write your alias on it.

Badges.jpg

On 3/21/2022 at 4:45 PM, Cholla said:

Don't like hang tags? How about QR code badges? Load a QR code reader app in the score pad. The shooter has a QR code badge on the back of their hat or gun belt. Point the QR code reader at it and bang, the  shooter information populates the pad.

Like a cattle brand!

I have to admit that at some matches and other events where I have run across the same people numerous times, I have been pretty embarrassed that I still don't know their name. I'll hear different names but not quite place which person that is. I'm hampered with poor hearing and miss some opportunities when I could hear someone else address the person. I like it when they just use those paper tags with your name that sticks to your shirt 

Archived