SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Belts for 97 shooters

Texas Jack Black

We hear about all the best revolvers, rifles and shotguns Well how about the BEST shotgun belt in your opinion and why ? also the best method of loading the 97 and once again WHY?

Looks like it's time to watch videos.  You have to pick your style of loading ( RH   LH   Over the top   or load in the port)  That will help you decide single or double loop.  Deuce and Widder have great videos if you slo-mo to see what they are doing.   First, I am NOT Widder!   I tell new shooter to start single loading with their right hand.   When you learn the muscle memory you can step up to 2 which I like.   Many grab 2 to 4 with LH and go over the top very fast.  It depends on you..  Are you strong enough to hold the 97 by the grip and load over the top.  Do you have hand coordination to load with you LH  (one of my friends said if he broke his RH he would be scared to try to eat with a fork)     Am sure more probaly better advice will show up, but at least I was fast      GW

Look at Doc Noper’s full race shotgun belt.  It can be used for any 97 or sxs loading style.  you can find him on Face Book.  

I grab 4 and load over the top.  

41 minutes ago, Wicker Nash said:

Look at Doc Noper’s full race shotgun belt.  It can be used for any 97 or sxs loading style.  you can find him on Face Book.  

I grab 4 and load over the top.  

I agree.   I wear a Doc Noper belt with canvas single loops.  It has about 14 loops.

I think Doc's 'elastic' loops are favored by many and I may eventually buy me that style.

..........Widder

I wear a Tupelo Bandolier made by Tombstone leather with elastic loops made by Double Diamond. I grab 4 and load over the top. Like it better than using a SG slide or horizontal SC belt. YMMV.

Here is a video of my Doc Noper belt.   I made this video a few years back and although I have used the belt for

quite a few years, it still serves me greatly today.

..........Widder

Thanks, Widder.  Notice the first time he does the RH load,   He is looking at the camera!  That's the muscle memory I was speaking of .   GW

When I shot a 97,  I really liked the finger roll method.  Especially if you don't have the hand size to load four over the top.  Here is a vid from quite awhile ago of Jasmine Jesse (was T>G. Reaper's wife I believe he is in jail now. But that's a story for another time)

On 3/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Here is a video of my Doc Noper belt.   I made this video a few years back and although I have used the belt for

quite a few years, it still serves me greatly today.

..........Widder

Just feast your eyes on that beautiful Tennessee background!

23 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Thanks, Widder.  Notice the first time he does the RH load,   He is looking at the camera!  That's the muscle memory I was speaking of .   GW

Red Knee must be running the camera, perhaps to imply, "watch this kid".  :D

Waimea,

Thats my 'back yard'.

I'm standing at the fence of my own yard and that is a 200 acre farm behind me.   Check out that beautiful pond

back behind me.  The pond is actually a little bigger than it appears in the video.

The owner of the property likes me and has put up a truck gate to allow me access ANYTIME I want.

He also likes the fact that I enjoy shooting and prefers me shooting on that property because it helps keeps

unwanted critters away, such as Coyotes.   And of course, I also get to sniper his groundhogs.   HE HATES GROUNDHOGS.

And I'm constantly back there on my ATV.

Howdy BILLY:  my little shooting area pales in comparison to where Red Knee lives and shoots in Oklahoma.

He's got nothing but miles and miles OF miles and miles..... :lol:

..........Widder

On 3/21/2022 at 8:24 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Red Knee must be running the camera, perhaps to imply, "watch this kid".  :D

Hey Billy,

Red Knee still considers me a 'rookie'.

If we ever meet, remind me to tell you about the 1st time Red Knee and I met.   We were down at the Hell Fire match at the

speed SG stage.   

We've been great friends since, or at least that's my story.    He may not feel the same..... :lol:

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey Billy,

Red Knee still considers me a 'rookie'.

If we ever meet, remind me to tell you about the 1st time Red Knee and I met.   We were down at the Hell Fire match at the

speed SG stage.   

We've been great friends since, or at least that's my story.    He may not feel the same..... :lol:

..........Widder

I thought we weren't gonna tell anyone about what happened at Hellfire?????

It is a story worth telling, but it's best told in person.

Yes sir, great friends ever since!

I won that day at Hellfire, even though I got my butt whipped, cause you can't put a price on friendship.

Friends or not, I still wanna whip your a$$ and get my "Widder Feather".

Archived