SASS Wire Forum

Housewarming Gift

Subdeacon Joe

Needs a couple stray bolts, nuts, a nail or two (one bent) screw eyes, rotten rubber bands, a couple zip ties, and a handful of keys that no longer fit anything.  Maybe also a faucet washer or two.  And the knife sheath -- don't forget the knife sheath for the knife long ago lost.  

13 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Needs a couple stray bolts, nuts, a nail or two (one bent) screw eyes, rotten rubber bands, a couple zip ties, and a handful of keys that no longer fit anything.  Maybe also a faucet washer or two.  And the knife sheath -- don't forget the knife sheath for the knife long ago lost.  

And the two or three mismatched shoelaces.

ive lived in this house over 30 years now , my wife had a full drawer she moved here - think some of it is still there , we now have four .....then theres that stuff in the garage we might need but never seem to be able to find when a need arises , i think i could fill a 55gal drum without thinking too hard , 

When my wife and I got married we received some nice gifts. But the coolest gift that we received was a galvanized bucket full of things, useful things that one might find in a junk drawer…along with a useful bucket. ;)

There were corks, rubber stoppers, assorted rubber bands, a screwdriver with different tips, cork screw, bottle opener, can opener, a box of assorted screws and nails, doodads and gadgets that came in so handy over the years. 
Basically, it was a starter junk drawer in a bucket. It was the best gift we received. We just didn’t know that until years later. 

34 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Never complete without 3-4 dead batteries and small plastic parts that  go to something

Was thinking the same thing, you beat me. Don't forget the manuals for appliances you longer have.

And a business gimme or tourist trap key ring.  No keys on it, just the ring and the fob. 

(Do NOT put the loose mystery keys on it.  As soon as you do, you'll find that you need one of the keys and you'll have to fight to get it off of the ring.  Or you'll need the ring for something.)

Don't forget the odd gaming pieces- Monopoly hotels, 6 sided dice, etc...- and a couple of marbles you picked up out of the yard.

Looking at all these postings, I've come to the happy conclusion that I ain't alone!!!

6 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Adding to Smuteye, all the fobs that no longer have a ring.

That's because you needed the ring for something and remembered the gimme key ring in the junk drawer.;)

See?  What did I tell you? :P

ones junk drawer should be private me 5thinks but since we all have them and most of us keep the same stuff in them i wonder if there are any really strange folks out there that organize them more than once a year ? 

my wife messes with [organizes] ours about once a year - still think we have dead batteries and rotten rubber bands in there but it looks "neat" for a week or two , how many guys actually go in them for anything ? i dont - its her domain , my crap is in the garage 

Archived