SASS Wire Forum

Does anybody buy machine gun belt links?

A while back I bought a bunch of 7.62 NATO ammo that was in machine gun links.  I pulled the ammo out of the links and was wondering if there is an aftermarket for the empty links?   I also have a few links from the way back that are of a different design.  The "new" links have a clip that fits into the extraction groove, and some I have that came with .30-06 ammo have just a couple rings that fit over the cartridge shoulder.

Anyone have an idea what they are worth?  I may just stick some old brass in the links and try to sell them.  They do look pretty cool strung up in a display.

Angus

Just two weeks ago, a friend of mine who bids on storage units found a bunch of them and gave them to me. These are 308 in belts of 50. You put two together and insert a cartridge to connect them. He gave me 5 belts. Makes a nice decorative touch to my room.

Horace

When Connecticut passed it's most recent major gun control bill months after the Sandy Hook shooting there was a requirement to register any ammunition feeding device that held more then 10 rounds, excluding only tubular magazines.   

So all of the people who owned belt fed weapons had to register their links.  From what I have heard, they registered them by weight.  This is what happens when idiots write laws.  It is perfectly legal to own or buy an original or reproduction Gatling gun, but you are not allowed to own the any of the feeding devices, original or otherwise unless you owned them prior to the effective date of the bill and had registered them.

Well after all, there must be a lot of crime in Connecticut with belt fed weapons. Obviously they are easy to carry and conceal.:ph34r:

13 hours ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

Just two weeks ago, a friend of mine who bids on storage units found a bunch of them and gave them to me. These are 308 in belts of 50. You put two together and insert a cartridge to connect them. He gave me 5 belts. Makes a nice decorative touch to my room.

Horace

Nice friend!

9 hours ago, Chantry said:

When Connecticut passed it's most recent major gun control bill months after the Sandy Hook shooting there was a requirement to register any ammunition feeding device that held more then 10 rounds, excluding only tubular magazines.   

So all of the people who owned belt fed weapons had to register their links.  From what I have heard, they registered them by weight.  This is what happens when idiots write laws.  It is perfectly legal to own or buy an original or reproduction Gatling gun, but you are not allowed to own the any of the feeding devices, original or otherwise unless you owned them prior to the effective date of the bill and had registered them.

"Single shot" it?  Have a kid standing by to drop 'em in one at a time...?   :mellow:

Archived