SASS Wire Forum

Hoods

Subdeacon Joe

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Okay, Joe, you got my attention.  Where can I get one?

Don't tell me to make my own.  I know where my set of skills stop.

Check here under Officers  https://www.atenveldt.org/granitemountain/

Look for Seneschal or Minister of Arts and Sciences.  Tell them about the video and that you would like to find someone to make a hood like that for you.  I'm sure that they will be able to put you in touch with someone who would make one for you at a not too outrageous price.

And then you have US “trendy” :lol:

A959A8E3-47E6-42A7-8746-2E45934446E8.jpeg

I've always wondered why "fashion" designers didn't just recycle stuff from earlier eras. It's not like they don't try to revive bell bottoms every 5 years, so why not reach a little further back in history?  At least a hood has a practical purpose.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Check here under Officers  https://www.atenveldt.org/granitemountain/

Look for Seneschal or Minister of Arts and Sciences.  Tell them about the video and that you would like to find someone to make a hood like that for you.  I'm sure that they will be able to put you in touch with someone who would make one for you at a not too outrageous price.

Thanks, Joe.  I've spent a large portion of my life where the weather got brutally cold at times.  I've worn a lot of different kinds of protective gear from "miracle" synthetics to wolf's fur, but this thing looks to be better overall than any of them.

i kinda looking at US trendy .............but what i meant to add was that ive learned hoods are real nice in cold weather , i generally wear one , then when it drops below zero here i add a second , ive found keeping my head and back of the neck warm really lets me feel much core comfortable - i need less coat really 

20 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I've always wondered why "fashion" designers didn't just recycle stuff from earlier eras. It's not like they don't try to revive bell bottoms every 5 years, so why not reach a little further back in history?  At least a hood has a practical purpose.

Remember in the early 90s the jeans with 4 or 5 evenly spaced tears on the front  of the legs? Inspired by Landskenechts.  Shortly after that came a fad for very long belts that the end was passed through the buckle, long end brought up behind the belt, then down in front of the belt and through the loop.  Sort of like medieval sword belts.

Archived