SASS Wire Forum

Good morning

The sun is about to peek over the mountains above Jerome and the beautiful full moon is shining like a clear lamp about 10 degrees above the western horizon.  The sky is a clear as water and the birds are welcoming the new day.

Sure beats the grey and grumpy-looking days we've had recently.

I think I'll decide to have a good day.

I got a friend coming in that wants to film a 100-year old stone barn out on the Double-O Ranch about 40 miles north of me on Williamson Valley Road. Tomorrow I am taking him to see if we can find some rattlesnakes north of Paulden at a den I know. He has his own web TV channel and does stuff for RFD-TV so it should be fun.

43 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I think I'll decide to have a good day.

Any day that you wake up looking at the grass from the right side is a good day.

Any day that you wake up looking at the grass from the right side and have in inclination and energy to gripe about something is a great day - shows you are engaged and interested.

18 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Woke up this morning and found the scene in the front yard to be Heavenly.

Had to run back in to get my phone to capture the shots before they disappeared. 

The 150 acre Horse Training & Boarding Farm directly across from our property is lost in the morning fog.

This is why we moved from city life to country life. PEACEFUL.

This reminds of my days in Ocala. Six months of horse farms, sweat, mosquitos, sweat, fire ants, sweat, and in-laws.

It is a nice day. :) Sunny and beautiful.
I am off from work and preparing for our flight to PA tomorrow. 
I think I will hit the range with my GP100 later. On my bike. :D

1 minute ago, Cholla said:

This reminds of my days in Ocala. Six months of horse farms, sweat, mosquitos, sweat, fire ants, sweat, and in-laws.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone tossed a bucket of water on this thread. :lol:

Heading out to play with muzzleloaders in a couple hours. It's overcast but warmer, will be great to go burn powder and sling lead:D.

i had a wonderful day -

it was clear and sunny all day , the temp was 60 degrees warmer than the cold day last week 

we picked my wifes new [to her] car up and she loves it

we visited my MIL and she was in a great mood , smiling and laughing , 

we visited two of my BILs , one is going to finish a project without my help and finish my wifes requested project soon , the other was in a good mood [like it] 

the dog behaved all day , maybe we are out of the puppy stage 

i work the weekend - but not today , i smoked two cigars 

14 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Any day that you wake up looking at the grass from the right side is a good day.

Any day that you wake up looking at the grass from the right side and have in inclination and energy to gripe about something is a great day - shows you are engaged and interested.

Some days I don't want to be engaged because I am not interested.  So far that's still legal.  :D

On 3/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

A bit of trivia for you.  The pianist on that piece was a session musician at the time by the name of Rick Wakeman.  

Yesterday we found the Puntenney cemetery, explored the remains of an old town called Puntenney. There was nothing left but old broken glass and rusted bits of iron. Flew a drone over Hell Canyon, Explored the old coke tower west of Puntenney, explored a rattlesnake den (no snakes), explored the pigtail section of the old Pea-vine railroad where about eight trestles were built to drop in elevation while circling Limestone Canyon, and used a drone to film a herd of pronghorn.

Today we are heading for Sycamore Canyon for more drone footage, and maybe checking out the old railroad depot that is in the last part of the 1960s movie, How The West Was Won, and lastly use the drone to film a remote cliff dwelling in the Verde River canyon.

On 3/19/2022 at 2:09 PM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Just don't turn on the news, and you won't get upset. That always helps me, if I want to experience a good day.

Get outside, and commune with nature, and enjoy the moment.

Even God rested from His creating, on the seventh day, and set us an example.  

Family took me out to supper last night.  Had a TV on the wall with a bunch of news and sports talking heads. Daughter-in-law "God less her for many things" asked them to turn the sound off (They did.  We'll go back there again.) because every one of those morons were rude, over-paid, self-overpaid jack asses were screaming angrily at the top of their lungs....and not saying anything to justify the noise.

I'd have happily walked onto the set and knocked some of them off their chairs in from of the whole world.

Archived