SASS Wire Forum

Right to Bear Arms

image.png.4c562a8940318a45ff31ad44150e263c.png

1877812671_Screenshot2022-03-16134911.jpg.57915a3408a66d1601bf81126e1fd510.jpg

2065872968_JohnWayne-GreenBeret.jpg.ec9409b5368aa433f54d917dbca69a29.jpg     :FlagAm:

20 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

image.png.4c562a8940318a45ff31ad44150e263c.png

1877812671_Screenshot2022-03-16134911.jpg.57915a3408a66d1601bf81126e1fd510.jpg

I've laughed at that one for awhile. Back when I worked behind a gun counter, one of the guys put it as the screen saver on one of the computers, and a few of us were known to let out a "Tally ho, lads" on occasion.

15 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I'm ready!:lol:

image.thumb.png.b6dd67b4fdcc44a4d86e8037fb01b1d2.png

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I'm all loaded and ready, but only with ten rounds as our state thinks any more than that just ain't fair. :rolleyes:

This musket holds fifteen!:rolleyes:

I think we all remember the old saying...and it is not a put-down of the law officers..."when seconds count, the police are minutes away". 

The law-abiding armed citizen is responsible to stand in that time-distance gap between the time the event starts, until the police arrive. It is our responsibility to protect ourselves, to protect our families, to protect the innocent bystander, to protect property, in those minutes between the 9-11 phone call, and when the law enforcement folks arrive on the scene. We are the first, initial, line of defense, against the criminal, and we represent the law, until the ones that are paid a salary to do that job, show up. It has been this way for who knows how many years, and it will remain that way until the Lord returns and sets all things right. If and when that situation occurs, I won't have time to worry about being arrested, or sued. I must concentrate on the situation. if some "woke" "beto-like"-leftist can't understand that, then that is their problem. I will use whatever I have available to protect myself, my family, the innocent bystander, or property. Period!      

A gun is not a badge.  Situations are often complex, and intervention can produce unexpected results.  When first out of police work I was walking down a city street in broad daylight when I came upon a man holding a woman against a wall with his hand on her throat.  As I watched, he punched her hard in the face, hard enough to draw blood,  He drew back his arm to punch again, I caught him in an armlock and bent him over. She came off the wall like she was on springs, claws extended "What the F... you doing?" I tripped him into her and got out of there.  Another time, out in the evening with a policeman friend we came across two men apparently trying to break down a street level apartment door.  They would not obey his verbal commands, so we took hold of them.  About then the door opened.  The story, they were deaf and dumb, unable to hear or speak.  Their friend had not heard them and they were trying to get his attention.  Certainly follow your conscience, but best case in this era of cell phones, take cover, observe and report.  Stay on line with the dispatcher.  If circumstances are such that you feel you have to take action, say what you are doing and keep the connection.  It is one thing with family and close friends, another with strangers.  The risks are great in every case.

If I am already on scene, and I am armed, I will protect/defend myself, my family, the innocent bystander, and if need be, property. 

I am not intervening in anything if I am already on site when something goes down.

The law-abiding citizen is an upholder of law and order, just the same as a person doing it full time, for a salary.

A piece of metal, meaningful symbol that it truly is...attached to my shirt...has no bearing on my knowing what is right, and what is wrong, and my decision to do something, rather than nothing. 

Because we live in the United States...when seconds count, the authorities are minutes away. It reminds us of our responsibility. It means that if there were police on every corner, we would be living in a police state, like china, russia, north korea, cuba, or the islamic countries. It means we need to protect and defend until help gets there. That is one reason we have the 2nd Amendment, and one reason why Americans are armed.

Case in point, several years ago, a man walked into a church, in south-central Texas, and opened fire. He was subsequently chased down, and stopped, by two armed citizens, who were already on site/close by, before the authorities could get there. They stood in the time-distance gap.

I am not advocating going out to look for problems. I am saying that if problems occur, and the armed citizen is on site, they can, and many times do, stand in that time-distance gap until help arrives. The armed law-abiding citizen is a great asset to everyone that loves freedom.  

On 3/19/2022 at 7:53 AM, Rip Snorter said:

When first out of police work I was walking down a city street in broad daylight when I came upon a man holding a woman against a wall with his hand on her throat.  As I watched, he punched her hard in the face, hard enough to draw blood,  He drew back his arm to punch again, I caught him in an armlock and bent him over. She came off the wall like she was on springs, claws extended "What the F... you doing?" I tripped him into her and got out of there.

I've heard similar stories in the past, where a man saw what appeared to be a woman being assaulted and intervened, only to find out she was still on the side of the dude hitting her. And you wonder why so many people refuse to get involved anymore.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I've heard similar stories in the past, where a man saw what appeared to be a woman being assaulted and intervened, only to find out she was still on the side of the dude hitting her. And you wonder why so many people refuse to get involved anymore.

I can attest to the fact that it's not all that uncommon to have a spouse attack the police while they are attempting to arrest their significant other for assault.  Ridiculous, but true.  Likewise, when a child beats up a parent.

Archived