SASS Wire Forum

A Leaf in The Stream

Chickamauga Slim

Written by The Wartrace Regulator's own Nantahala Ned, you won't be able to put it down. Great story based upon true events in his life! I do not get a commission or benefit in any way from promoting this tome, I only want to let everyone know about this amazing piece of literature.

image.thumb.png.4c54baf97b4d560eb136a6444f9b57a4.png

Based on the real-life experiences of the author, A Leaf in the Stream tells the story of a young history teacher and coach from Indiana who, on a student’s dare, quits his job to walk across the country during the economic turmoil of the Carter years. While set in the late 1970s, the book also delves into the more distant past, as protagonist Jonathan Allen follows the footsteps of westward moving emigrants, including the Donner Party and those who traveled the Santa Fe Trail. Alone, Jonathan faces the terrifying power of a Great Plains lightning storm; the bitter cold of a Rocky Mountain blizzard; the brutal pounding of a desert sandstorm; the terror of an approaching forest fire; and the attack of a gang of violent miscreants. Riddled with self-doubt, he is ultimately forced to confront his demons and finds a hidden inner strength, thanks to the love and support of the many good people he meets along the way.

i remember the times well , couldnt afford to quit my job back then - wished we had any other president , i think ill read this if for no other reason to remember , i suspect a lot of recent voters wish they had remembered ...or knew [reliving history] 

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

i remember the times well , couldnt afford to quit my job back then - wished we had any other president , i think ill read this if for no other reason to remember , i suspect a lot of recent voters wish they had remembered ...or knew [reliving history] 

WK,

It's available on Amazon. 

Archived