SASS Wire Forum

Ever had fun with a real anti meater & no animals should die type?

Buckshot Bear

I have a niece that is vegetarian most of the time.  She looks anorexic.   I don't fault you for what you live, don't fault me for how I live.  I didn't get to the top of the food chain to eat plants.  I like how Alf (remember him?) referred to salads.  Food that food eats.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My primary care doctor is a Vegan.
She is pushing us to be the same.

I refused.
Being a brittle diabetic, cultivated crops (carbs) are my nemesis.
This leaves proteins and fats.

If I went vegan, the only remaining foods would be Gluten Free ice cubes.
No thanks.

As commented above, "why waste the bandwidth?"
I don't argue with vegans or Democrats... it is a pointless waste of bandwidth.

Similar to above! Went to a fair with the wife. There was a booth for info on being a foster parent.

I asked " Do you have something in a burley mute?" Got the bad look--  "I've got a lot work that needs to be done and I don't want to hear any talk back.":ph34r:

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I thought chocolate was a vegetable. :blink:

Cocoa and sugar cane. Aren't they vegetables? Or at least, plants?

The theory I read about the origins of chocolate is that the folks down in Amazonia where the tree originated like to make beer from the pulp of the cacao pods. 

The anthropological foodie types suppose that some beer maker way back in the day missed some seeds while setting up for a run, fermented the beer just long enough to get some of the chocolate flavor, liked the results, figured out what he screwed up to result in the flavor and started doing it on purpose.  Since the 'beans' (what are really seeds) have to be fermented and then dried, I can see the logic of their theory.  Later, they started just fermenting the seeds and it spread through trade.

Just for the record, cacao seeds have been found as far north as Chaco Canyon in New Mexico.  That's a heck of a long way considering there was no wheels and very little, if any, chance of draft animals being used.

It makes as much sense as the legend that coffee was discovered by some goatherder eating the beans to stay up all night watching his flock.

10 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

276245414_545960183812456_1172824307930709903_n.jpg.3aedd7f73f9e9e7d4757cdd8b1cd77da.jpg

Sir, you deserve a FB style timeout for this! Just nasty....

4 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Not any more wrong than the fake meat made out of plants!

What's good for the goose,....:rolleyes:

...... well, .... that's wrong too ...... 

....... might even wronger !!!   

We decided to try the Lghtlife crumbles.  Sauted some onions and garlic, added the "Mexican" crumbles and a little enchilada sauce, used it for burritos with refried beans.  Couldn't really tell the difference.

Last night used the regular crumbles to make sloppy joes.  Again, couldn't tell the difference.   

Price per pound works out to $4.50. No grease to pour off, so getting the full weight instead of a 15 percent to 25 percent loss from fat melting off.  

Is it steak?  No.  But at $15 or more per pound for steak we don't eat it often.  As in not at all.

I use to like it when PETA had a demonstration down town.  Several nubile young ladies would strip completely and paint their bodies to look like animals.   Then they would toss on some fake blood and lay on the sidewalk.  Some of them were bodaciously fine.

13 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I use to like it when PETA had a demonstration down town.  Several nubile young ladies would strip completely and paint their bodies to look like animals.   Then they would toss on some fake blood and lay on the sidewalk.  Some of them were bodaciously fine.

Nice scenery but you know that she's just a whole box full of crazy.

Started browning some frozen garlic and herb perogies in oil, added a diced onion and 3 julienned carrots.  Salt and pepper.  Added some powdered vegan chicken base (Orrington Farms brand), a few tablespoons of flour, let it cook some to make a roux.  Added oat milk to make a white sauce.  Adjusted with some Savory Spice Shop Renaissance Garden herb mix. 

Good stuff.

I'm always worried about my sauces and gravies because those are more in my wife's ballywick and I've only gotten decent at them in the past ten years or so.  She couldn't stop eating.

We thin sliced some russet potatoes and some nice smoked ham.  Ran a little butter and a tad of bacon grease on medium high heat and quick fried the ham! Took some cream cheese and some shredded Cheddar and made sort of a skillet casserole.  Added chives and some garlic and lots of coarse ground black pepper!  

Might have what’s left tomorrow for lunch!!

Vegan my gluteus maximus!!

47 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We thin sliced some russet potatoes and some nice smoked ham.  Ran a little butter and a tad of bacon grease on medium high heat and quick fried the ham! Took some cream cheese and some shredded Cheddar and made sort of a skillet casserole.  Added chives and some garlic and lots of coarse ground black pepper!  

Might have what’s left tomorrow for lunch!!

Vegan my gluteus maximus!!

Might make something like that for our Pascha breakfast.  Only 3 more weeks.

Archived