SASS Wire Forum

Ever had fun with a real anti meater & no animals should die type?

Buckshot Bear

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Is does seem a lot do it for that reason above, so they can be the centre of attention at any gathering when there's a bunch of people and food.

aint that the truth ? like so many of the things that fowl up our daily lives these days it seems to be all about someone wanting to be "SPECIAL" and lord it over everyone else , 

im sorry if just being you is not enough , thats not my fault , its yours .......figure it out then we can talk l, respect your feelings if you choose to be different but dont make it my problem , figure it out on your own , like i said we can discuss it but im not your punching bag and wont be a convert , i had nothing to do with your choices 

I figure folks have the right to decide what they're going to eat. But they DON'T have the right to tell me what I must chose to eat. Last time I had a conversation like this was when some PETA fanatics had set up outside a local box store. One karen belligerently got in my face and demanded to know if I knew what PETA meant. I unashamedly stole Ted Nugent's line and looked her straight in the eye and said "Ye, I know what it means, it's People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!" Gave her a big grin and could hear her spluttering in outrage as I walked away.

8 hours ago, Cholla said:

One of the arguments of anti-meat-eaters is that farm land can produce more food by cultivation than by running livestock on it. That may be the case but in many places, land that can be plowed is planted and land that can't be plowed is used for livestock. Their argument assumes all land can be plowed. Here in Arizona the Sonoran Desert can feed about one cow per 640 acres (so I have been told). The cow wanders about consuming what it can, producing food doing so. The land could not produce food as we know it any other way.

Yeah, but then what would my food eat? :D

I would say to them:

“That is a wonderful idea! We could kill all those cows to accommodate your desires…Oh, but what do we do with all those cows once we slaughtered them so that you could have your way? I know! We could eat them! And their babies too! We could have one last big beef blow out! 
Oh, but that might not work because then cows would become nearly extinct so therefore they would most definitely go on the “endangered species” list and therefore protected. As their numbers grow then we will have to find places for them to live and more than likely your little “field of dreams” will then have to become pasture land again and then you’re right back to square one and lots of people like me will be even more pizzed off at morons like you. 
I have an idea. Cows eat veggies, you eat veggies. How about we do this. We leave the cows alone and eat the Vegans. You all are all about removing taboos and enlightening the world. I say we give “cannibalism” a try. 
Whaddya say there Sunshine, wanna be my “faux cow”? Saving the planet one vegan idiot at a time?”

I gotta remember this one for later…

Had to work with a guy from corporate that was a vegetarian- 'but not one of the preachy ones'.

I guess that means that he only talked about being a vegetarian half the time instead of all the time.

He didn't know what to do when, after he told me that he was a vegetarian, my response was- "I don't care." followed immediately by, "Great!  I'm an opportunistic omnivore that will eat anything that doesn't eat me first."  After he listed his 'exceptions' (because all vegetarians have 'exceptions'), I shrugged and said, 'Great!  More for me!'

When we went to lunch- he paid- I made sure to order a steak and made a big deal of sopping up every bit of the juices.

Do you ever wonder if Vegetarians and Vegans are only Vegetarians and Vegans because they are cheap skates that need attention at heart?

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

"Great!  I'm an opportunistic omnivore that will eat anything that doesn't eat me first."  After he listed his 'exceptions' (because all vegetarians have 'exceptions'), I shrugged and said, 'Great!  More for me!'

When we went to lunch- he paid- I made sure to order a steak and made a big deal of sopping up every bit of the juices.

Sorry, but that is just as arrogant and obnoxious as the hardcore vegans preaching.

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

The title of the thread - ever have fun with - implies to me but they mean messing with them.

Me - I ignore them.

I took it as messing with the in-your-face, pontificating activist (including those you might meat (sic) at a party or something.  But to bait a coworker who it seems is not in his face is, in my not so humble opinion, loutish and takes those who engage in it to the level of the in-your-face activists.

21 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Do you ever wonder if Vegetarians and Vegans are only Vegetarians and Vegans because they are cheap skates that need attention at heart?

Have you priced some of the exotic stuff they eat?  It ain't cheap.

I do think you're on to something with the attention seeking, though.  They can steer ANY conversation to them talking about what they eat.

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Sorry, but that is just as arrogant and obnoxious as the hardcore vegans preaching.

After listening to him drone on and on for hours about being a vegetarian, I consider it petty spite with a little payback mix in. 

Me and another guy in the group started a discussion about bbq techniques during lunch because we were both tired of his singing the wonders of wheat grass, quinoa or whatever.

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I do think your on to something with the attention seeking, though.  They can steer ANY conversation to them talking about what they eat.

No, I have not. Don’t plan to. ;)

You are right about them in nearly any conversation.
Have you been amongst several of them at the same time? Maddening. 
I do believe I have an idea for the perfect new interrogation technique. Mwah-ah-ah-ahhhh :lol:

Step daughter was a strict vegetarian and would not eat the turkey one Thanksgiving. I told her that, as a youth, I had some jobs where I had worked with turkeys from the brood house to loading them on trucks from the range. It was my observation that domestic turkeys would qualify as a vegetable as they did not have a brain!:D

I have a vegan friend that never says a word about it, thankfully!

A couple of years ago at a work training function a lady stepped in and announced that breakfast was being served in the next conference room courtesy of of some local restaurant. 
When I entered there was a sign that said “All food is Vegan and it is Gluten free”

Well, needless to say I got some coffee and went back to the training room and ate my Clif bar and my banana. 
Lunch rolled around and the same lady came in and announced that lunch was being served in the next room compliments of a different Vegan restaurant. 
I went into the room and there was literally nothing I wanted to eat, but there were no restaurants nearby so I was kind of stuck. 
So, I made up a salad and then turned to find the only dressing was the liquid mustard colored stuff. Immediately my mind went to a scene from some show where a bad guy exchanged all the salad dressing with this sulphuric colored poison that killed everyone that ate it. :blink:

I turned to see what else I could do about this bland bowl of strange looking leafy veggies and there wasn’t anything really so I walked over to the drink table, tossed the salad in the trash, grabbed a bottle of water and went back to my table in the training room. I ate some jerky and peanuts from my backpack. 
When lunch was over the lead training coordinator got up, grabbed her microphone and asked “Does anyone have any questions before we get started again?”

I raised my hand and she brought me the microphone. 
Now there are about 150 people in this room from about 10 different county agencies and all eyes were on me as I stood. 
I spoke into the mike “How about a show of hands of all the people here that are Vegans.”

Everyone looked around at each other. No hands went up. 
The lady who handed me the mike started to reach for it. She had a scowl on her face. 
I said “A moment sister…” Scowl worsened. 
“Okay, we have NO Vegans. How many Vegetarians are here in the room?”

Again everyone looked around and 3 ladies raised their hands. 
I said “Thank you Ladies. Now, are any of you adverse the the other 147 of us eating non-Vegan food?”

They all shook their heads “no”.

I smiled and thanked them then turned to the scowler and said into the mike “Next month how about a menu we can all live with. Thank you.” and handed her back the mike.

You vould have heard a mouse walking in that room. It got real quiet. 
Scowler walked away and asked if there were any more questions. There are none and we resumed the brain washing. 
The next month there were eggs and bacon and sausage for breakfast as well as other items for people that don’t eat meat. Lunch was various submarine sammiches with salad and chips and drinks. 
30 people must have told me “Thank you” that day, but I was the only person that spoke up about the “Woke Menu” of the month before. 

22 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A couple of years ago at a work training function a lady stepped in and announced that breakfast was being served in the next conference room courtesy of of some local restaurant. 
When I entered there was a sign that said “All food is Vegan and it is Gluten free”

Well, needless to say I got some coffee and went back to the training room and ate my Clif bar and my banana. 
Lunch rolled around and the same lady came in and announced that lunch was being served in the next room compliments of a different Vegan restaurant. 
I went into the room and there was literally nothing I wanted to eat, but there were no restaurants nearby so I was kind of stuck. 
So, I made up a salad and then turned to find the only dressing was the liquid mustard colored stuff. Immediately my mind went to a scene from some show where a bad guy exchanged all the salad dressing with this sulphuric colored poison that killed everyone that ate it. :blink:

I turned to see what else I could do about this bland bowl of strange looking leafy veggies and there wasn’t anything really so I walked over to the drink table, tossed the salad in the trash, grabbed a bottle of water and went back to my table in the training room. I ate some jerky and peanuts from my backpack. 
When lunch was over the lead training coordinator got up, grabbed her microphone and asked “Does anyone have any questions before we get started again?”

Now there are about 150 people in this room from about 10 different county agencies and all eyes were on me as I stood. 
I spoke into the mike “How about a show of hands of all the people here that are Vegans.”

The lady who handed me the mike started to reach for it. She had a scowl on her face. 

I said “Thank you Ladies. Now, are any of you adverse the the other 147 of us eating non-Vegan food?”

I smiled and thanked them then turned to the scowler and said into the mike “Next month how about a menu we can all live with. Thank you.” and handed her back the mike.

Scowler walked away and asked if there were any more questions. There are none and we resumed the brain washing. 
The next month there were eggs and bacon and sausage for breakfast as well as other items for people that don’t eat meat. Lunch was various submarine sammiches with salad and chips and drinks. 
30 people must have told me “Thank you” that day, but I was the only person that spoke up about the “Woke Menu” of the month before. 

Things we used to be able to do - I spoke up in a totally bogus HR diversity program.  In this day & age, I'd probably be fired!

While I prefer omnivore fare I am not so limited in my taste as to only eat meat, potatoes and bread.  I have only once found myself in a situation where only vegan fare was served and could find nothing to my taste.  That one was more because everything was highly spiced Indian food.

That said, a communal meal at a forced function like that should have something for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That said, a communal meal at a forced function like that should have something for everyone.

Exactly!

On 3/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

i did back in 1973 , then i met one , he explained he was not just eating healthy but loosing weight for his upcoming wedding , had already bought the tux [i was wondering how that might work out] the takeaway for me was his eating celery and peanut butter gave him generous gas issues , i think the tux fit but im glad i wasnt invited to the wedding [it was in sweeden BTW] 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

good for you for speaking up in defense of all being satisfied with the food - both the vegans and vegetarians should have respected that a lot of us arent , we just want choices and would welcome them having choices too , you deserved the thanks , 

as mentioned above , im sure it would not fly today yet it should - we are not all alike and dont need to be , better we are not , 

Dang Pat, I would've really enjoyed working with you! I had a few bosses that seemed to not appreciate my questions of that sort. Especially when the crowd would interrupt with "Yeah, what he said" Some of the things I miss since retiring. Give me the damn mic!

I someone wants to just eat vegetables, then that is fine. Go for it willie. 

However, they should not try to impose their preferences on those that are not vegetarians/vegans. They don't like it done to them, what makes them think I like it done to me? 

They want me to respect their decision, but some of them can't respect mine. it is an obvious double-standard.

If they wish, and have a modicum of intelligence, they can read Romans, chapter 14, verses 1 thru 23.  That pretty much settles it.

If, however, they are atheists/agnostics, then politely say: "I'd love to help you out...which way did you come in?"  

On 3/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I was in Safeway this morning.  Tri tip, untrimmed, was 9 bucks a pound....TRI TIP!

Beef tongue is 10 bucks a pound.  Tenderloin?  25 bucks a pound.  Or more.  Any of the "good cuts" are 20 bucks or more per pound

Pork butt is pushing 5 bucks a pound.  Same for bacon. Salt pork is 5 bucks a pound.

Chef Store , special on 80/20 ground beef 30 bucks for a 5 lb. chub.

Meat ain't exactly all that cheap.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

The ones that irk me are the people who show up when the cooking is almost done and say something like, "Oh!  I can't eat that.  Can you fix something else for me?" and expect you to do a special order for them.  

I think that all of our Moms had the right response to that type of request: This isn’t a restaurant!

Seamus

On 3/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

10 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

I think that all of our Moms had the right response to that type of request: This isn’t a restaurant!

Seamus

My mom’s response was, “Eat it or do without!”

She wasn’t joking either!!

19 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

My mom’s response was, “Eat it or do without!”

She wasn’t joking either!!

One of my cousins found that out the hard way- once.

She also discovered that- like in some restaurants- the beverage is included in the meal, so her tea glass stayed when she left the dining room table.

Archived