SASS Wire Forum

Ever had fun with a real anti meater & no animals should die type?

Buckshot Bear

Ever had fun with a real anti meater & no animals should die type? You know the ones that really get up you for eating, chicken, beef, pork and anything else that had fur on it once.

Ever asked them about their leather car seats? Their leather wallet/handbag? Their leather shoes? Their leather couch? Their leather belt? Their leather gloves? The leather collar around their dogs neck? And some even have the audacity to ride horses sitting on leather saddles!

Ever asked them do they know just how many animals die when the soy bean fields get worked for the soy milk for their lattes? 

Or how how many wild animals are killed in agriculture got them to enjoy their vegetarian diet and that they have their blood on their hands?

And then lets not forget there's the idiots that say "I'm a pescatarian" and its always good to come back with "What did fish ever do to you"?

And these people judge others for eating a steak!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rip Snorter said:

Why waste the band width?  I have a couple of nieces who went that route (for the special treatment / attention) haven't spoken to them in years!

Is does seem a lot do it for that reason above, so they can be the centre of attention at any gathering when there's a bunch of people and food.

I like Costner's response to the female protester/vegetarian in Yellowstone, explaining that when a field is used to raise her beloved crops, every animal and plant that lives under it or on it is killed, either immediately or as a consequence of clearing/fertilizing/plowing/harvesting.  There is no moral superiority in agriculture as opposed to harvesting animals; they are all living things, and we need to kill them to live.

LL

NOPE!!  I don’t have time to deal with them!  Summary dismissal generally angers them worse than argument! 

This prevents them from receiving the attention they seem to crave!!

I used to point out their canine teeth and ask them how they thought they came by those?

It was many years ago, on a Saturday morning. Late morning.

I was preparing a big roast to go in the oven. It would be a wonderful low and slow oven; I wanted to fill the house with the aroma of an amazing beef roast. I had been shopping a few days earlier and saw this amazing chunk of meat in the in the cooler at the store. It had been in my fridge aging for those few days.

My kid's friend showed up to spend the day just as I was starting to insert slivers of sliced garlic into slits all over the surface of this "jewel of cow". I had read the grain of the beef, and was laying in a nice pattern of cuts intended to tenderize what little resistance the marbling might offer.

She (kid's friend) looked me right in the eye (OK, I'll give some cred for the steady and intense eye contact). She said to me "We shouldn't eat meat."

Looking her right in the eye, I asked very innocently "Why not?"

She replied "We need to save the animals!"

I inserted a sliver of garlic into the slit I had cut, then cut another slit and inserted another sliver of garlic. And cut another slit before replying...

"This one is already dead, we can't save it." and then returned to stuffing slivers of garlic. After a bit, she realized the conversation was over and left the kitchen.

Never asked her if she thought the kitchen smelled good as the day went by. :ph34r: I set the HVAC to run the fan continuously.

I see there have been a half dozen replies since I started writing this. Hope you enjoy.

When they ask why I don't like Vegans, I reply "I don't dislike Vegans, in fact...I like Vegans". "I just can't eat a whole one in one sitting".

That shuts them right the hell up and they stay away from you after that.

I have had lots of fun with Vegans and other assorted nitwits. 
My favorite thing to do is when they decide they need to insinuate themselves into my business regarding eating meat I very calmly explain that what I eat is my business and at some point they say “Don’t you realize that is a living being? How can you eat that?”

I have several responses but I start with “It’s easy. I just open my mouth and put it in then bite down. Often it helps to think of what their big brown eyes looked like as the life went out of them and then at that very moment they are lifted by their hind legs so the head is pointing down then a sharp blade is thrust into the throat to open up the arteries to drain the blood. You should see it. There’s gallons of the stuff. Beautiful color too. I wish I could match that color in paint. My bike would look great that color. What do you think?”

That particular diatribe left me all alone to eat my burgers in peace one afternoon at a family function. Now that I think about it I haven’t seen that girl since… 

Another thing I like to do is tell them to shut up and get their ego massaged elsewhere. 

I do not like Vegans. They have a sickness of the mind and I try and get them away from me in case it’s contagious. I do suppose one has to have a weak constitution to be affected. 

Now, I have no problems with Vegans or Vegetarians that mind their own business. I actually know one. He’s a nice guy. 

My sister, a self proclaimed vegiterian.

She eats animal byproducts...anything 'without a face'.

When I would stop over at her home, I went outside to smoke...

Well, she came to stay with me and my three kids.

I asked if she wanted dinner with us, and she declined.

She then complained how the house smelled of meat (hers smells of Pechulli(?) and weed)

She made a salad, and being we had eaten, we sat to watch a tv show...and I lit a ciggarette to enjoy with a cup of coffee.

She looked at me and said "would you mind not smoking while I eat?"

I said "mind not eating while I smoke? My house, my choice."

She packed and left the next day.

We had lady write into the paper a couple years back wanting know why we had to kill innocent cows just to eat when all we had to do was buy beef at a grocery store and save the poor cows. And yes, they allow these people to breed.

4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

My sister, a self proclaimed vegiterian.

She eats animal byproducts...anything 'without a face'.

When I would stop over at her home, I went outside to smoke...

Well, she came to stay with me and my three kids.

I asked if she wanted dinner with us, and she declined.

She then complained how the house smelled of meat (hers smells of Pechulli(?) and weed)

She made a salad, and being we had eaten, we sat to watch a tv show...and I lit a ciggarette to enjoy with a cup of coffee.

She looked at me and said "would you mind not smoking while I eat?"

I said "mind not eating while I smoke? My house, my choice."

She packed and left the next day.

I will do a lot to accommodate welcome guests, even prepare and feed them strange to me extra foods, but they don't make the rules.  I have a similar family issue or two - you are not alone!

2 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I will do a lot to accommodate welcome guests, even prepare and feed them strange to me extra foods, but they don't make the rules.  I have a similar family issue or two - you are not alone!

I love my sister, but we do not see each other.

Have not for 30 years, except for 2 times, when the folks passed.

It is what it is.

I had a lady at a supermarket tell me that my leather jacket snd boots disgusted her. We were in line at the check out. 
I asked her why she thought I should give a “crap” what she thought. 
Then I looked her up and down and said “Ah, vegan clothing. Plastic shoes, polyester pants, plastic belt, polyester blend tee shirt, Android phone…everything you have on is made from petroleum products.”

She looked at me like I had just kicked her in the shin. 
I said “You are way more hazardous to the environment than I am big mouth. Now mind your own business.”

I turned to see the cashier and the bagger trying to contain themselves in laughter. 
The cashier lady said “Boy, that was great. You sure ran her off.”

I turned and my vegan nemesis was no longer behind me in line. 

I know vegetarians who don't complain about others eating meat at all. More vegans have that problem.

I don't eat meat or dairy during Lent. I'm missing it already, but I always do and I'll be eating lamb at the end.

I knew one vegan who was very consistent and did not use leather goods. And chickens don't have fur.

I don't care what other people eat or don't, pretty much.

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I like Costner's response to the female protester/vegetarian in Yellowstone, explaining that when a field is used to raise her beloved crops, every animal and plant that lives under it or on it is killed, either immediately or as a consequence of clearing/fertilizing/plowing/harvesting.  There is no moral superiority in agriculture as opposed to harvesting animals; they are all living things, and we need to kill them to live.

LL

I like to point out that in nature, only humans and their kept animals are privileged not to suffer a violent, painful death.  When wild animals become disabled for whatever reason -- injury, disease, old age-- they are quickly eaten while still alive.  Hunters harvesting game represent about the quickest and least painfull death that those animals could otherwise experience.  

Anyone concerned about the treatment of animals raised in the US for food should see what is expended on them for veterinary care and treatment. 

I haven't had to deal with that kind of smug, sanctemonious, self-righteous twit in decades.  I would point out to them that they expect to be catered to, but if they are hosting something they don't provide meat for their omnivore guests.  

The ones that irk me are the people who show up when the cooking is almost done and say something like, "Oh!  I can't eat that.  Can you fix something else for me?" and expect you to do a special order for them.  Especially if you are cooking for a crowd.  Now, don't get me wrong, if someone says "I got test results back yesterday and my doctor told me to not eat (whatever your main course is).  Can you do something for me?" I have no problem.

When we did a lot of cooking for church (+/- 125 people for lunch) we would always prepare about 15 portions of vegan fare.  And there are a few who have special food needs- one can't eat garlic, another can't eat corn, two have celiac (those were easy to deal with, they brought their own lunch and not complain if there was stuff the couldn't eat).  Plus for about half the year we only have vegan lunches at church.

I do have fun pointing out to the "all natural and organic" types that rat feces and cockroaches are all natural and organic.  

21 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I don't eat meat or dairy during Lent. I'm missing it already, but I always do and I'll be eating lamb at the end.

When Pascha is late , like in May, and western Easter was end of March or first Sunday of April getting stuck at a light next to a burger joint or pizzeria the last two weeks of Lent is close to cruel and unusual punishment.

Before I was married, I had an English girlfriend who had lived in various Colonies and had been served some truly awful stuff.  As a result, she had some well entrenched food prejudices.  Her line, anywhere was "No worries, i can always find something to eat." :)

One of the arguments of anti-meat-eaters is that farm land can produce more food by cultivation than by running livestock on it. That may be the case but in many places, land that can be plowed is planted and land that can't be plowed is used for livestock. Their argument assumes all land can be plowed. Here in Arizona the Sonoran Desert can feed about one cow per 640 acres (so I have been told). The cow wanders about consuming what it can, producing food doing so. The land could not produce food as we know it any other way.

It's called Range land, like all of my little Ranch that isn't timber - if Ranchers are fortunate enough to have some irrigated farm land here in the dry high plains, they put in Hay for the cows when food is scarce. The antis put their heads in places the rest of us would never consider.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

at some point they say “Don’t you realize that is a living being? How can you eat that?”

I have several responses but I start with “It’s easy. I just open my mouth and put it in then bite down.

LOL that made me smile :) 

Archived