SASS Wire Forum

Goose Terwilliger has riden on

The Shortgrass Rangers have the sad duty to announce that Goose Terwilliger, club founder, SASS Regulator, and TG for over 22 years has passed on after a battle with leukemia.  We don't have the words to describe his loss.  Godspeed cowboy.

Sad to hear this news.  I knew I had not seen Goose active in CAS in some time but known him for many years.  Goose was fun to shoot with and be around.  I remember that he gave me professional advice/inspiration one year at EOT after I had just experienced a concerning biopsy only days prior to shoot. This is a true loss to SASS and certainly the  Shortgrass Rangers.  May God comfort family and the many friends.

2 hours ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

The Shortgrass Rangers have the sad duty to announce that Goose Terwilliger, club founder, SASS Regulator, and TG for over 22 years has passed on after a battle with leukemia.  We don't have the words to describe his loss.  Godspeed cowboy.

Oh my...I loved Goose.

Shot with him on our posse one EOT and was happy to see him every time our paths crossed.

Loved his lovely bride. If she is with us, please share our condolences, prayers and love.

Shanley Shooter and Singin' Sue

New Mexico

Goose was my friend and mentor when I first started shooting. From my very first match, ever, and though the years that followed he was always there for help, be it a new or seasoned shooter. I pray for his family at this time of sorrow. RIP my friend. I would say more but it seems I can't.  Must be the pollen.  

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh my...I loved Goose.

Shot with him on our posse one EOT and was happy to see him every time our paths crossed.

Loved his lovely bride. If she is with us, please share our condolences, prayers and love.

Shanley Shooter and Singin' Sue

New Mexico

Boots Fits informs me that Goose's wife passed away a year or so ago.

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Boots Fits informs me that Goose's wife passed away a year or so ago.

Thank you for that info Billy. Sigh.

Rejoicing in God's promise.

If I recall she would come and watch him shoot, either knitting or crochetting.:wub:

Shot a few times with Goose at EOT when we used to travel over. 

One of our first club shoots when we came over to stay in 2014 was at the Shortgrass Rangers and we hadn't seen him for a while

but he remembered us well. 

A great guy, and if I remember I think he was a neuro surgeon!! I thought at the time when I first heard this, 

wow a neuro surgeon playing cowboy,...how cool. RIP in peace my friend. :wub:

Jack n Kat

21 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Shot a few times with Goose at EOT when we used to travel over. 

One of our first club shoots when we came over to stay in 2014 was at the Shortgrass Rangers and we hadn't seen him for a while

but he remembered us well. 

A great guy, and if I remember I think he was a neuro surgeon!! I thought at the time when I first heard this, 

wow a neuro surgeon playing cowboy,...how cool. RIP in peace my friend. :wub:

Jack n Kat

Different type of doctor. Just think " goose"  

Sorry to hear of his passing. He was a great Pard.  When I first started shooting Cowboy with the Territorial Marshals at the OKCGC range he loaned me some of his guns to shoot and was very helpful.

MS

Archived