SASS Wire Forum

What do your non-gunny friends call your gun?

Alpo

4 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Here in Montana, you can go into the bar, you just have to stay sober.

I can sit at the table, in the dining section of the restaurant, and order from the bar, sit there and drink for several hours and get knee walking commode hugging drunk. Perfectly legal.

I just can't carry a gun into the bar.

I flash back to the River scene in Tombstone, when Doc says "Wyatt is my friend" and the comeback from the other actor whose name I can't recall, though I like him, is "I have lots of friends, Doc."  Doc replies "I don't".  What is friendship about? I have a very few very good friends.  Tho I can't say factually till heaven forbid it happens, I think I'd put it on the line for them as I would for family.

47 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I flash back to the River scene in Tombstone, when Doc says "Wyatt is my friend" and the comeback from the other actor whose name I can't recall, though I like him, is "I have lots of friends, Doc."  Doc replies "I don't".  What is friendship about? I have a very few very good friends.  Tho I can't say factually till heaven forbid it happens, I think I'd put it on the line for them as I would for family.

Friends don't set up you to be unknowing- but free- security either.<_<

48 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

One of my vocally antigun acquaintances made my day when she called in the early morning to see if I could bring up one of my guns and stake out a bear that had attacked one of her llamas. 

Karma !

I told her to call the Department of Fish and Game.   A day later she called again.  The DFG had told her to go ahead and take the depredating bear.   I told her I was not available that week.  

42 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I'm very tough on the anti gun folk, and I rather like bears from a distance,  I'd probably have confirmed the Fish & Game permission an done it for the Lamas.

I've shot bears.  It's not really very pleasant or fun, IMO.  

2 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I've shot bears.  It's not really very pleasant or fun, IMO.  

Fun wouldn't be part of the equation.  Bout the only thing that doesn't bother me at least a little a bit is Rattlesnakes.

to the OP , great topic - 

majority i know are gun owners and shooters and i never gave much thought to this , none of them have ever brought it up either , wonder why ? 

i have a good number of non-shooting and non-gun friends and acquaintances , most of them- no all of them know i shoot , reload , collect/accumulate , very few even discuss it with me , i think they avoid it much as i might if they were GLBTwhatever , i dont care but i really dont feel the need to discuss it with them , we agree to disagree or they no longer are in that friends/acquaintance category , libertarian's attitude of do what you want as long as it doesnt hurt or infringe on another , 

maybe next time im around one of them ill look at that carefully , im not a big "feelings" kind of guy so i never hold back a lot on my thoughts when discussing guns - no matter whom it might be in front of , i like em , if you dont then just dont enter the conversation , 

On 3/15/2022 at 10:26 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I don't think I got many NON-Gunny friends. 

Yep.
Same goes for Democrats.
Very, very few of them, and the one or two of them own firearms.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:31 PM, Rip Snorter said:

His name is Buck Taylor.  He also played Newly in Gunsmoke.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:42 AM, Alpo said:

I was talking to this girl one time, and she was telling me about an auction she had been at where they had a pre-World War II duffle bag that was made of hemp canvas.

I made a lame joke about smoking it. And she got just about as mad as you did. But I hadn't meant to be insulting. I thought I was being funny. She didn't.

Yea…I’ve been taken serious when I thought I was being funny and purposely stupid.

Cutter’s Raiders was hosting the Indiana State match.  One stage a lot of brass had ejected pass the fire line so at the end of the first day I thought I’d recover the brass and put it on the unloading table.  Already for cowpokes coming back for their brass.  There was a cowpoke already picking up his brass, he asked me if I had lost brass?  Me trying to be funny said, I always try to leave a match with more brass then what I came with.  Moral of the story is don’t joke with strangers.

Then there’s the time I posted that you could get faster stage times if you pre-dent your primers.  Yea that joke didn’t go over to well either.  

Archived