SASS Wire Forum

Cleaning canvas and leather cartridge belt

Howdy, I have recently aquired a secondhand canvas and leather cartridge belt.  The one that looks like a fire hose with leather cartridge loops sewn on.  The canvas needs a good cleaning.  How is the best way to clean it without damaging the leather loops and buckle ends?  Thanks 

You can spot clean canvas with a Dawn & warm water mixture.  Use a small sponge and a toothbrush for bad dirt; dab dry with a clean cloth.  Try not to get a lot of the solution on the leather parts.

A little patina adds character.

It's best to use The Wife's Toothbrush ,

Because it will make Yours taste nasty :D

my wife saves some old toothbrushes for just this type of task - you can avoid all the ramifications of following roosters idea , or retire yours early and start fresh with a new one for that same purpose , keeps those domestic calls to a minimum , law enforcement will thank you , 

The wife of one of are shooters told me she used toothbrush and tooth paste to clean web suspenders and dirty shirt collars.      GW

One of our cats likes the taste of the toothpaste that my wife uses.  We have caught him numerous times chewing on her toothbrush.  He doesn't like mine - I use a different brand of toothpaste.  We both now put our toothbrushes in a drawer.

Multi packs of toothbrushes are available at the dollar store.  I don't trust their toothbrushes for my teeth, but they're great for gun cleaning and stuff around the shop.

Archived