SASS Wire Forum

Help me out

Noz

My understanding of international politics is severely limited.  My War experience is also limited.  That said.  I was in Germany when Kennedy was shot and I was sitting on a hot firing point for about 3 days before the bigger heads figured things out and war was averted. I lined up for double arm injections in preparation for South American ventures with Castro. I got to endure the 'TET offensive in Vietnam which from our point of view was much ado about nothing.

Each of the experiences I have endured could have developed into into situations that could have ended my life and/or my wife and children's and quite a few other humans.  I still remember quite well the cold metallic taste in my mouth and the lump of lead in my stomach.  I really did not want to kill a bunch of folks that didn't think like me or anticipating those folks trying to do the same to me.

So, Having those experiences and seeing what we did to Vietnam and being aware of what we did to Germany, my question is.

What in the hell are these fools thinking that they would wish to inflict that on the  world today.

I saw nothing produced by war that was anything other than bad.

Throughout human history, there have been people who have tried (and succeeded) to take what didn’t belong to them. Motivations vary a little, but greed and power are core ingredients. They have no care whatsoever what they inflict on humanity. Some do so “legally”, others use force. Despite its cost, this repetitive cycle is hardwired into the human experience. 

52 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Follow the money. 

You got that right and Putin is supposedly one of the richest men in the world . When is enough with these people ?

20 hours ago, Noz said:

My understanding of international politics is severely limited.  My War experience is also limited.  That said.  I was in Germany when Kennedy was shot and I was sitting on a hot firing point for about 3 days before the bigger heads figured things out and war was averted. I lined up for double arm injections in preparation for South American ventures with Castro. I got to endure the 'TET offensive in Vietnam which from our point of view was much ado about nothing.

Each of the experiences I have endured could have developed into into situations that could have ended my life and/or my wife and children's and quite a few other humans.  I still remember quite well the cold metallic taste in my mouth and the lump of lead in my stomach.  I really did not want to kill a bunch of folks that didn't think like me or anticipating those folks trying to do the same to me.

So, Having those experiences and seeing what we did to Vietnam and being aware of what we did to Germany, my question is.

What in the hell are these fools thinking that they would wish to inflict that on the  world today.

I saw nothing produced by war that was anything other than bad.

Resources, power, land, a buffer against NATO.  However poorly I may state things, nothing I say should be considered support for Putin & Russia.

Russia, in all its forms, is paranoid about being invaded and considering it's history, they have reason to be paranoid.  This is a country that lost 15% of its ENTIRE population during WWII and a decent argument can be made that the US & Great Britain were not entirely unhappy to watch the the Communists & Nazis slaughter each other while we built up forces in Europe and North Africa.  

Watching NATO expand by allowing the former Warsaw Pact countries makes Russia nervous for the reasons stated above.

If it wasn't for their nuclear weapons, Russia would be a second world country at best and many Russians miss the days when the Communist Party ran the country.  Things weren't great under the Communists, but the Soviet Union was feared/respected and an international power.  Now their influence is far less and their conventional military is a joke.

Invading the Ukraine was meant to stop much of the above, but things didn't go as planned and now NATO & the UN needs to be careful not to push Russia into a position where they feel they have nothing to lose by using nuclear weapons.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You got that right and Putin is supposedly one of the richest men in the world . When is enough with these people ?

When they're dead. And only then. Let's see what can be done to expedite that.......... 

Here I feed you guys lines to crack wise for a week.

What do I get? 

Well thought out facts and opinions that actually answered my most of my questions and gave enough thinking excercise to give me beginnings of intelligent conversations.

I have been told that the only way to improve yourself is to associate with persons who are smarter than you are. 

Thank you for the opportunity for me to get a little smarter.  

On a semi-related subject: Abeline Slim, I am in desperate need of one of our "prayer meetings" I am the proud owner of Fingers' 38 special white gripped open-tops.

Putin is KGB. He is a true believer and the betrayal of the Communist Party it's  collapse and the wall in Berlin coming down (his old post as KGB colonel in charge of the East German territory) rankles him am  sure to no endHe sees in the current world political - military that this is his chance to reconstruct the old Soviet Union. Money is not his prime motivator, the glory of the Communist Party is.

49 minutes ago, Noz said:

Here I feed you guys lines to crack wise for a week.

What do I get? 

Well thought out facts and opinions that actually answered my most of my questions and gave enough thinking excercise to give me beginnings of intelligent conversations.

I have been told that the only way to improve yourself is to associate with persons who are smarter than you are. 

Thank you for the opportunity for me to get a little smarter.  

On a semi-related subject: Abeline Slim, I am in desperate need of one of our "prayer meetings" I am the proud owner of Fingers' 38 special white gripped open-tops.

Congratulations on your acquisition! Please give my best to Fingers when you talk to him next. Perhaps we can work a prayer meeting before too long. I'd lift a glass of Jameisons or Basil Hayden in your direction this evening, but alas, it's currently unavailable in my area. However, we do have some Five Farms single batch Irish cream liqueur on hand (imported from Ireland), so I'll lift a toast to my Southern Missouri pards after dinner!

And just so you know, I was able to relieve your twin of an absolutely gorgeous S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman over the weekend. Actually, he took pity on me after I gave him my best puppy dog eyes. ^_^

4 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

NOZ 

ya KNOW , they ain't no way to sort out what the hairless ape thinks 

:huh:

any way , hope you are doing well 

Chickasaw Bill 

Still have some dizzy spells from the fall. My knee is beautiful on the outside and still a little instabile on the inside.  Both situations are far better than a year ago.

My girls are showing their holiday gift training. 3 bottles of good scotch.  4 bottles of excellent Irish, a bottle of Crown Royal and a bottle of rum.  WE could have a good meeting.

10 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

NOZ 

ya KNOW , they ain't no way to sort out what the hairless ape thinks 

:huh:

any way , hope you are doing well 

Chickasaw Bill 

He has frequently showed off the hair on his chest.

Archived