SASS Wire Forum

Is the Saloon shut down?

Dusty Devil Dale

I can get on it with my tablet, which is new, but not my computer or cellphone, which both are older than the hills. Other threads have said problem is cookies on the device.

15 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I don’t know the technical details of what’s happening, but a bunch of us have lost the Saloon. I got it back for a while by clearing cookies and history. Now it seems gone for good. 

That's exactly what occurred with me.  

10 minutes ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

What browser are you using? 

Unavailable for me when using Firefox but if I use Chrome. it works fine. 

Chrome

This comes up frequently and the wizzards always have some cure about clearing cookies, clearly the cache and some other things to get everything working again.  Hopefully one of the wizards will pipe in soon.

Chrome on cell phone is working and Firefox is working on my computer with Win 10

I primarily use a IPad for surfing , when it’s happened to me I go to safari “Apples web browser” clear history and website data . Then go to the sass wire page , it will ask you to accept cookies “yes” then open the saloon, open a thread and scroll to the bottom and it will say click here to log on and join the conversation. Do that . I generally try to purge all my browsing history weekly just for privacy sake 

I find it funny that SASS members have been discussing this issue for a few months, but SASS hasn’t chimed in to say what they’re doing to troubleshoot their system from their end.  

I can reach every SASS forum except the Saloon, and every other web site I want to.  That means there’s something not right with the Saloon that so many of us can’t get there.  

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I find it funny that SASS members have been discussing this issue for a few months, but SASS hasn’t chimed in to say what they’re doing to troubleshoot their system from their end.  

I can reach every SASS forum except the Saloon, and every other web site I want to.  That means there’s something not right with the Saloon that so many of us can’t get there.  

@Misty Moonshine

3 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I've tried to replicate your problem with an Android phone, an iPhone, a pad, a laptop, and a PC, just for grins.  Nope. Works everytime.  The Saloon's still standing, right where I left it.  If it reappears when you clear your cache, the problem is more'n likely on your end.

As for "SASS troubleshooting their system from their end".   SASS doesn't own Invision software.  All they SASS can do is wait for the next software update.

3 hours ago, McCandless said:

As for "SASS troubleshooting their system from their end".   SASS doesn't own Invision software.  All they SASS can do is wait for the next software update.

They can put in a trouble ticket. There is some odd code somewhere in the Saloon web pages that is causing this as it happens way too often.  I wonder how many people it has happened to that just do the fix without posting the issue on the wire.

The Saloon was unavailable for me when using Firefox but if I use Chrome. it works fine.  

I did clear my Firefox history and cookies as some suggested.  It works now.  It's simple and worth a try.  If it doesn't, then perhaps you may want to update your operating system and browsers. 

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

They can put in a trouble ticket. There is some odd code somewhere in the Saloon web pages that is causing this as it happens way too often.  I wonder how many people it has happened to that just do the fix without posting the issue on the wire.

I think J.S. Sooner is right.  I keep my browsers constantly updated.  If I don't, sometimes FB won't work for me.  I also have my browsers set to delete all cookies, except for log-ins, when they are closed.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

Thank you for the tag... Especiallly seeing as how this is the first time I've heard of this issue, I'm not sure where the statement comes in that SASS has been being told "for months"... I've said it before and I'll say it again- please CALL US at the office or email us directly with issues; it is the best way to ensure prompt attention.

I'll reach out to Invision (the software provider) - but I'm not sure what- if anything- they can do. The Saloon is there and works fine for me on my end- on all devices. 

Misty

More than likely a browser setting or glitch. At work I can't sign into the free internet but on Chrome and Safari. But the paid internet I can only access from Firefox. SO more than likely a browser security issue. Just my guess.

20 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Thank you for the tag... Especiallly seeing as how this is the first time I've heard of this issue, I'm not sure where the statement comes in that SASS has been being told "for months"... I've said it before and I'll say it again- please CALL US at the office or email us directly with issues; it is the best way to ensure prompt attention.

I'll reach out to Invision (the software provider) - but I'm not sure what- if anything- they can do. The Saloon is there and works fine for me on my end- on all devices. 

Misty

Not directly related but the forum address always comes up as a insecure sight "not secure" in the address bar. This at times causes problems depending on what computer I'm using trying to access the sight. Anyway to get that fixed?

1 hour ago, Slapshot said:

Not directly related but the forum address always comes up as a insecure sight "not secure" in the address bar. This at times causes problems depending on what computer I'm using trying to access the sight. Anyway to get that fixed?

I'll see what I can find out on it. 

Misty

2 hours ago, Slapshot said:

I'm betting either your operating system or browser are old. I ran into that same problem because the newer browser updates wouldn't run on my old computer operating system. Happened with SASS, Home Depot and lot of other sites I used to visit. Websites are constantly updated to keep up with security and ease of use features which requires you to update too. 

Archived