SASS Wire Forum

Thank You to The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders

Dodge City Dixie, Reno Mustang, Tennessee Williams and I made our first trip to The Ben Avery facility and had a great time. We are all involved in helping to put on the Tennessee State Match and have some idea of what goes into putting on a 12 stage match but I am truly amazed and in awe of what The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders and volunteers were able to do. I realize they work and plan all year but with the exception of the 3 permanent buildings they set up and assembled this entire range in I think, a little over a week and take it all down in less than 3 days!! On top of that I think many of them shot the match as well.

They made this a great range and match. I ended up having to get out my cane to be able to walk by Saturday evening and all I did was be on my feet a lot and shoot the match. I'm amazed were able to still be upright and all I saw had smiles on their faces. There has been a little controversy on the wire and I didn't want this amazing feat to go unnoticed especially by folks who weren't there and are only reading about it.

So thanks again to  The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders and volunteers for all you did to put on a great match and make us all feel welcome!!

Randy

Thanks Randy!  A reminder to All to send those survey's in, they are read and we do want to make sure the shooters are happy. (well 98% of them anyway) :)

A normal year is:

Planning starts the next day for the next year.

Work parties happen through out the Fall.

The 9 stages chosen are pulled from their storage, as well as targets and 'beautification' items come out the Wed before WB starts. (So 4 days to have all stages/props/targets/eye candy set.

The constant match upkeep...

Rangers check in by 7am...have duties fir 2 hours, then break prior to/shoot/post...then back for another 2 hour duty. (Many put in more hours on Friday and Sat nights)

Then tear diwn outside while awrds are set and go on inside on Sunday.

Monday PM the range js cleaned, raked, stones replaced and BASF reset.

Yes, it is a very heavy undertaking, done with love, for an event we all love.

29 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Thanks Randy!  A reminder to All to send those survey's in, they are read and we do want to make sure the shooters are happy. (well 98% of them anyway) :)

Joe, do you know when the surveys will be sent out?

Thanks

Randy

Randy,

According to Sunshine Kay she is hoping to get them out this weekend, watch for them in your email.

Randy, congratulations on your World Championship, it was a pleasure meeting you at the hotel. Funny we both shot in the same category.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders and our Ranger volunteers, the match would not happen without their work.

TB

9 hours ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

Randy,

According to Sunshine Kay she is hoping to get them out this weekend, watch for them in your email.

Randy, congratulations on your World Championship, it was a pleasure meeting you at the hotel. Funny we both shot in the same category.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders and our Ranger volunteers, the match would not happen without their work.

TB

Thanks, it was a pleasure meeting you as well and I also had no idea we were in the same category. I may age out next year if I’m lucky enough to come back. Thank you also for getting us connected with Rattlesnake Slim on where to park our trailer. As I said earlier it is amazing what all of y’all do to put on this match!! I’ll be looking for the survey.

Thanks again

Randy

I have to agree that the work the Rangers do just nothing less than exceptional 

All of the stages are well designed and fun to shoot. They each are a reflection of the work the group puts in with stage props and painting.

Overall the match runs with a tight schedule that always seems to be on time.

There is always someone around to help out and any issues or problem that do occur there seems to be  address quickly.

I am always amazed at the coordination and the operation of the match and I am only looking at it for the few days I am in attendance.

looking forward to 2023

I echo Randy's words. Everything from the outside looking in seemed to come off without a hitch, and folks seemed to all have a great time. That's 2 main goals in any match and they got it done. My hats off to them. Thanks for all your hard work!

Archived