SASS Wire Forum

Something out of the ordinary

Rip Snorter

Davenport "Central Hung Double" 12g, American Arms Fox Patent Sideswing 10g, a 12g Darne, an MBA Gyrojet for Wild Bunch Buck Rogers category, a Marlin 45-120 carbine for Plainsman Lever Action category, and a Uberti .45 revolving carbine.

Davenport.jpg

SideSwingShotgun.jpg

Darne_USFA.jpg

Gyrojet (2).jpg

45-120Marlin.jpg

Carbine1.jpg

I guess I missed something. 
I am assuming it’s about unusual guns. 

This ain’t so unusual as it is annoying…to some. 51D87C67-F851-4C12-9754-ADC3BB40F74C.thumb.jpeg.d3ab67742b5bd55469fa27a354741ccd.jpeg

4 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... 14 years in the greybar hotel for attaching the stock to your handgun .........

........... same for having a "revolving rifle" ..........   :(

4 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Black powder only here! But in case there is merit to your comment ...

Hah! didn't see your location!  There was one of these up for auction recently here in the U.S. on one of the major firearms sites.

.... sorry, perhaps I should have started with my usual " ... over/under here ... " ......   :blush:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This ain’t so unusual as it is annoying…to some. 51D87C67-F851-4C12-9754-ADC3BB40F74C.thumb.jpeg.d3ab67742b5bd55469fa27a354741ccd.jpeg

Hey , Pat , leave that rifle like it is when you move and you will be the only kid on your block with one like it. Dare to be different.:lol:

Rex :D

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

20190702_201733.jpg

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

........ do these have ......"the thing that goes up" ???   :huh:

5 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Oh, and it's "the shoulder thing that goes up". When quoting an imbecile, you need to be precise

6 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I made them "California Compliant."  Which meant I could put the original magazine release back on.

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Oh, and it's "the shoulder thing that goes up". When quoting an imbecile, you need to be precise

...... oooooooooops, ... sorry 'bout that ..... :blush:

........ don't want to to considered to be as stupid as said "imbecile" .....   :blush::blush:

(thanks for pointing that out :blush:)

12 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Not sure what that means. Like @Subdeacon JoeI made mine featureless so I can insert “legal” 10 round mags and release them with the mag release as designed. After perusing the various option I find this one was the best all around to be legal in this state.

Now, it does have backup sights that “go up” or flip up when you push a little button on them. 

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Not sure what that means.

A shortened version of what this idjit says a barrel shroud is:

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

made mine featureless so I can insert “legal” 10 round mags and release them with the mag release as designed. After perusing the various option I find this one was the best all around to be legal in this state.

The mag release is a happy side effect.  I was trying to figure out what I had to do to keep them legal and not have to register them .  Finally said, "A pox on it and on all their houses!" and went featureless.

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

One thing I'm sort of looking forward to when we move to Kentucky is showing up at a range and watching the faces when I pull those out of the cases and hearing all the , ""What the hell are those?"

.... tell them .... television antennas .........  ;)

4 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

273431782_6830584030345894_4295595807878516949_n.jpg.ca3112348b77e9b04cee4cb986747c5f.jpg

Does that bring back a boyhood memory! One of the neighborhood kids used a bucket as a field expedient.  Turned out to be a roofing tar bucket.  The ring was not around the collar.  He heard about that for years!

On 3/11/2022 at 3:09 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... 14 years in the greybar hotel for attaching the stock to your handgun .........

........... same for having a "revolving rifle" ..........   :(

you aint from around here are ya ? 

Archived