SASS Wire Forum

:FlagAm: A couple of years ago a neighbor with a camper told me that he had to have the fresh water tank dropped and flushed out.  On a trip, a water supply at a campground contaminated the tank with a large amount of rusted particles.  So last summer, before our trip to Tennessee, I purchased off of Amazon this system.  We have only gone to the TN state match in Wartrace where we used the water supply at the range and we just camped out at Ben Avery for EOT and used the water supply there.  I dropped the canisters yesterday and the first in line being the main filter had a quarter cup of rusted matter inside.  Many campsites that have water supply use galvanized piping which does rust inside.  Over time, how much could be inside the fresh water tank in your RV?

Way cheaper than having a tank dropped and flushed.  Better tasting water also.

The white unit to the left is a small version of the water softener we have on our home.  It uses a cartridge infused with citric acid.  The hard water molecules attach to the citric acid.  No salt, no electricity and no water wasted due to back flushing.

Just my thoughts and experience.

Regards,

Chas B

71-rgwlESyS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

IMG_20220310_084233904_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220310_084706387_HDR.jpg

We don't generally consume the water from the campground.  We carry bottled water and other drinks.  The campground water is used for showers, flushing and kitchen sink.  I do sterilize the water system annually with chlorine bleach just as a precaution.   

The first system looks like the one I have under the Kitchen sink, that is hooked up to the drinking water tap and the Ice maker ...

The second on the screws on to the hose is what I use to fill the motorhome... Or in-line at places with full hook-ups in RV sites ...

Jabez Cowboy

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

We don't generally consume the water from the campground.  We carry bottled water and other drinks.  The campground water is used for showers, flushing and kitchen sink.  I do sterilize the water system annually with chlorine bleach just as a precaution.   

Whether you drink the water or not, the premise of my post is keeping junk from entering your fresh water tank.  I also have a separate filter with a reverse osmosis faucet at the kitchen sink for drinking water and coffee.

I used to use an external filter system, attached to the hose, right at the tap I was drawing water from for my trailer.

Now, I'm just taking short trips to matches and I fill at home for washing and flushing.

Jugged water for coffee and tea etc.

Archived